AMD today announced that Citrix Systems, Inc. has verified the new AMD SeaMicro SM15000-XE micro server as Citrix Ready to run Citrix XenServer 6, a complete managed server virtualization technology that enables companies to cost-effectively consolidate servers and ensure business continuity.
Citrix Ready is a product verification program that demonstrates compatibility with Citrix Application Delivery Infrastructure. AMD completed a rigorous process to ensure compatibility with the industry-leading XenServer platform, which is widely acknowledged as one of the fastest and secure server virtualization products in the industry.
"Data center virtualization is expected to accelerate, and we have worked closely with Citrix to ensure that our customers can now effectively and efficiently deploy an integrated Citrix-AMD solution," said Andrew Feldman, general manager and corporate vice president of the Data Center Server Solutions group, AMD. "The combination of Citrix XenServer and the highest density, most power efficient SeaMicro server is a winning combination that takes data center efficiency and management to the next level of performance."
AMD's SeaMicro SM15000 is the highest-density, most energy-efficient data center platform. It combines compute, networking, and storage in a single ten rack unit system all linked by a high performance supercompute fabric that creates a hyper-efficient system by enabling common components to be shared. AMD's differentiated technology allows the highest performance, compute and storage density as well as the most bandwidth per unit compute of any micro server.
In addition, the recently announced AMD SeaMicro SM15000 server extends the patented Freedom Fabric beyond the SeaMicro chassis to connect directly to massive disk arrays, enabling a single ten rack unit system to support more than five petabytes of low cost, easy-to-install storage. The Freedom Fabric ASIC contains three key patented technologies:
- SeaMicro's Input/Output (I/O) Virtualization Technology eliminates all but three components from SeaMicro's motherboard -- CPU, DRAM, and the ASIC itself -- thereby shrinking the motherboard, helping to reduce power, cost and space;
- SeaMicro's TIO (Turn It Off) technology enables SeaMicro to further power-optimize the motherboard by consolidating functionality and turning off unneeded CPU and chipset functions. Together, SeaMicro's I/O Virtualization Technology and TIO technology produce small and power-efficient motherboards;
- The Freedom Supercompute Fabric ties these small, power-efficient motherboards together with an industry leading 1.28 terabits-per-second of bandwidth. The Freedom Supercompute Fabric is built of multiple Freedom ASICs working together to create a multi-dimensional torus -- delivering a low latency, massive bandwidth fabric with exceptionally low power draw.
More information on SeaMicro and its breakthrough micro server technology can be found at http://www.seamicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- Treat your Mac to an 8TB HGST Ultrastar HDD from Other World Computing
- Lenovo and Microsoft team up with Cortana and REACHit searching
- Gartner: Emerging countries pushed smartphone sales 19% during Q1
- Lenovo launches media casting device
- Puzzle gaming just got real, cooperate or die in Magnetic: Cage Closed
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- G.SKILL Hosts Intel and Samsung Sponsored OC World Cup & 4th Annual OC World Record Stage at Computex 2015
- Google Virtual Reality at IMMERSION 2015 in Paris this September
- Revenge-Driven Platformer RONIN Strikes on Steam Early Access
- MAGNETIC: CAGE CLOSED OUT NOW ON STEAM
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt