Today, BitFenix is proud to announce its latest chassis design - Ghost. Equipped with an all new silencing material while supporting high-end hardware such as water cooling radiators and long graphics cards, Ghost is the silent PC chassis that packs a serious punch.
"After changing the way people think about the mini-ITX form factor with Prodigy, fans around the world have been wondering what would happen if BitFenix were to design a chassis with focus on silence. Today, it gives us great pleasure to reveal the answer to that question - Ghost," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "Extremely silent yet surprisingly capable, we believe fans of silent chassis are going to fall in love with our newest creation."
Tuned for Silence. Built for Vengeance.
Ghost begins with a modern minimalistic look that blends into virtually any decor. Its clean lines are supported by a single silver arch, the shape of which is mirrored perfectly by the front door vents. Coating the outside is a new surface treatment from BitFenix dubbed NanoChrome. This specially developed coating combines an enamel with mother-of-pearl powder, which is then applied to the surface of the case and heated to high temperatures. The result is a uniform finish that perfectly blends together both plastic and metal parts.
Opening the front door reveals BitFenix Serenitek silencing material. Dense yet light weight, Serenitek covers the inside of both the front door and the two side panels to help trap unwanted noise inside the chassis. The door itself is a dual hinge design, which allows users to open the front door from the left or from the right on-the-fly. Up top are two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports, as well as the BitFenix S4. This compartment is equipped with a hot-swap bay that features a high speed SATA III port, making it ideal for transferring data from hard disks and SSDs without having to open up the case. Best of all, removing the top fan filter reveals a cavernous compartment designed to accommodate a slim 240mm radiator, making Ghost a perfect foundation for a silent water cooled rig of destruction. On the bottom of the case, you'll find a handy magnetic dust filter, as well as dual rails that are designed for BitFenix Alchemy LED Strips. Simply affix the LED strips to these rails, route the power cables through the pre-drilled holes in the steel body, and you've got an impressive under lighting effect in no time at all.
On the inside, Ghost delivers other impressive features that help keep noise to a minimum. Dual 120mm Spectre fans move air through the case while remaining whisper quiet, and anti-vibration HDD trays help muffle rotating hard disks. Rubber grommets help reduce sound caused by air turbulence and rubber padding for the PSU helps keep PSU noise down. Ghost users will also find a specialized SSD rack that not only allows the installation of up to three 2.5" SSDs, but also allows for graphics cards up to 330mm in length without any modifications! Tool-free drive locking mechanisms make ODD and HDD installation a snap, while a massive CPU cooler cutout enables quick swapping of CPU coolers.
Pricing and Availability
BitFenix Ghost carries an MSRP of 89 in the EU, $99 in North America, and will be available on store shelves at the end of September.
For more information on Ghost, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20