LSI Corporation today announced worldwide channel availability of the PCIe flash LSI Nytro MegaRAID cards, providing simple, transparent and cost-effective application acceleration for direct-attached storage (DAS). Nytro MegaRAID cards uniquely integrate PCIe flash technology and intelligent caching software with enterprise RAID data protection using leading LSI dual-core RAID-on-Chip (ROC) technology.
The increased availability of the LSI Nytro MegaRAID product family coincides with a growing data deluge that is challenging data center managers to reassess ways to balance application performance, storage and data protection requirements in the most cost-effective way possible.
Nytro MegaRAID cards offer strong user benefits:
- Reduce latencies by up to 47x for faster application response time
- Enterprise-class flash performance and reliability from LSI SandForce flash storage processors with DuraClass technology
- Enterprise-class data protection from LSI dual-core ROC technology
- Lower administrative overhead and significant TCO savings
- Broad compatibility with existing infrastructure through use of LSI SAS and MegaRAID drivers featuring extensive operating system and management support
"Our worldwide Channel partners are seeing pent-up demand for affordable application acceleration solutions given the daunting amount of data stressing the capacity and data protection capabilities of storage infrastructures," said Brent Blanchard, director, worldwide channel sales and marketing, LSI. "With its unique integration of technology on a single card and sub-$2K price point, we believe the Nytro MegaRAID family is a game-changer that can make the dramatic application acceleration benefits of PCIe flash solutions accessible and economical for all types of datacenters."
Nytro MegaRAID cards use intelligent caching algorithms to identify application "hot spots" of frequently accessed data and automatically move the data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to blend high-performance and high-capacity storage, resulting in improved cost per gigabyte and cost per transaction.
Nytro MegaRAID cards are built upon the industry's de facto standard RAID controller technology drivers and management support, enabling broad compatibility with existing storage infrastructures and delivering simple transparent application acceleration.
"Nytro MegaRAID cards provide the performance of flash with proven RAID data protection and intelligent caching software," said Ken Hostetler, director of product management with Silicon Mechanics. "This is an ideal solution for customer applications that require performance, capacity and reduced operational costs. The extensive compatibility and driver support out-of-the-box make it a solution I can offer to all my customers."
Pricing and Availability:
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8100-4i $1,795
- (4 internal ports; 100GB eMLC flash capacity)
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8110-4i $2,795
- (4 internal ports; 200GB eMLC flash capacity)
- LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8120-4i $6,995
- (4 internal ports; 800GB eMLC flash capacity)
Nytro MegaRAID cards feature a low-profile MD2 form factor, PCIe 3.0 compliance and support 6Gb/s SAS or SATA devices. The products are immediately available through the LSI worldwide network of distributors, integrators and VARs.
The Nytro MegaRAID product family extends the comprehensive LSI portfolio of enterprise RAID and application acceleration storage solutions available in the channel, including MegaRAID and 3ware RAID controllers, host bus adapters, the Nytro WarpDrive and Nytro XD product family, and advanced software and data protection options.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card