COUGAR, a leading brand of power supplies and PC accessories, has launched their new high-end series of power supplies specifically targeting demanding gamers, the COUGAR PowerX series. Coming in 2 variations, the PowerX series of computer power supply units offer an extremely high efficiency rate of up to 87%, and are compliant with the 80-PLUS Bronze efficiency requirement . They are made with an attractive black and orange metallic coating.
More and more people today are also using their PCs to recharge their portable devices like iPhones, iPADs, Table PCs, and Smart phones. With the 5Vsb OverVolt Protection safety function, users can rest assured that an unstable voltage will not damage their portable devices. The PowerX series has the most advanced energy-saving design to fit in with the latest Eco-Friendly EuP regulation, ErP Lot6 2013. The energy consumption is lower than 0.45W when the PC is in standby mode which can save quite a bit of power and budget.
The PowerX series is fully compatible with the latest PC technologies, supporting the newest specifications of ATX12V, and created for use with current and next-generation multi-core CPU platforms, supporting multi-GPU technology with support for PCI Express 2.0 next-generation graphic cards with 8(6+2)pin PCI-E connectors.
Capacitors are one of the most crucial components in computer equipment and the COUGAR PowerX series uses the highly durable Japanese Capacitors to provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
Fans are another important component and the PowerX series uses 12cm FANs. The temperature-controlled design adapts its rotating speed to the PSU temperature. Even on its highest rotating level the fan is still quiet enough to be barely audible.
Lastly, the rails in a PSU also heavily determine the quality of a unit. The COUGAR PowerX series sports Dynamic Dual-12V rails. The automatic dynamic load distribution on the dual-12V lines provides power separately to the GPU and the CPU. If you are not using all output lines, the PSU automatically reroutes needed power from unused lines. This improves the performance of the 12V lines considerably for systems with high-end graphics cards in SLI or CrossFire mode and provides high voltage stability to keep components safe.
Learn more about the COUGAR PowerX PC Power Supply here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now