Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT), the Analog and Digital Company delivering essential mixed-signal semiconductor solutions, today announced that it will be presenting on the NVM Express (NVMe) specification as well as exhibiting its latest enterprise flash controller products in booth #707 at the Flash Memory Summit, held in Santa Clara, CA on August 21-23.
Peter Onufryk, director of engineering in the Enterprise Computing Division at IDT, will present "How the Streamlined Architecture of NVM Express Enables High Performance PCIe SSDs." The presentation will provide an overview of NVM Express along with a detailed outline of the specification's performance features.
The NVM Express standard defines an optimized register interface, command set, and feature set for PCI Express solid-state drives (SSDs). By eliminating the need for proprietary drivers, NVMe is helping to drive the adoption of PCIe SSDs and realize the performance potential of SSD technology. IDT will be demonstrating its latest flash controllers at the Flash Memory Summit.
"As the developer of the industry's first flash controller with native PCIe for enterprise SSDs and a founding member of the NVMe promoter group, IDT is committed to the development of enterprise PCIe-based flash controllers," said Kam Eshghi, Sr. Director of Marketing of the Enterprise Computing Division of IDT. "PCI Express provides the performance and low latency needed to realize the full potential of enterprise SSDs. The Flash Memory Summit is an ideal venue for showcasing the innovative work that IDT has been doing in this area."
To learn more about NVM Express and the NVM Express 1.0 standard, visit http://www.nvmexpress.org. For more information about IDT's extensive portfolio of PCI Express solutions, visit http://www.idt.com/go/PCIe.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset