Identity theft is something many students take for granted until it happens to them. Laptops and notebook computers are a potential gold mine for thieves unless you encrypt your data, according to Addonics Technologies. The CipherUSB from Addonics provides a simple and inexpensive way to encrypt data stored on flash drives, flash media, USB hard drives as well as Blu-ray, DVD or CD media.
A student's mobile device may include your resume, transcripts, school or internship applications, or financial records? Equally, administrators who use a laptop for their job, may have files such as human resources records, student applications, transcripts, research data or payroll information stored on their system. Should your laptop be lost or stolen, you want the data inside to be electronically inaccessible.
The CipherUSB is a small USB pass through adapter that encrypts data stored inside any USB drive (Thumb drive, USB hard drive or any Flash card inserted into a USB reader). Installation is easy. Simply plug the CipherUSB adapter into any USB port and the USB drive to the back of the CipherUSB adapter, the drive appears in the computer in a few seconds and is ready for use just like any ordinary USB drive.
All the data written to the USB drive is automatically encrypted on the fly with the military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption via a FIPS certified crypto engine. The operation is as simple as using a key to start your car.
There is no software or driver to install and no password to remember. There is no measurable performance difference on your USB drive and all your software works the same as before. Since there is no software or password needed to operate the CipherUSB adapter, the encrypted USB drive can be used on any system so long as you have the CipherUSB adapter with you.
Securing data in Blu-Ray, DVD or CD disc
The CipherUSB can also encrypt data written onto the Blu-Ray, DVD or CD disc. Again simply plug the CipherUSB adapter into any USB port and the USB Blu-Ray burner or DVD/CD burner to the back of the CipherUSB adapter. Once the drive shows up in your computer, you then launch your familiar burning software. Any data burnt onto the BD, DVD or CD media is automatically encrypted with the AES 256-bit encryption.
Designed with a NIST certified crypto engine from Enova Technology, the CipherUSB leaves no trace of any cipher code in RAM or any part of the computer. Since no password is entered into the computer, the CipherUSB is hacker-proof. Each CipherUSB adapter comes with a software utility for programming personal key codes up to 32 characters long. This code is then secured with AES 256-bit encryption and stored inside the CipherUSB adapter.
The CipherUSB has an MSRP of $29.95 and is now shipping. Visit the product page for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications