Identity theft is something many students take for granted until it happens to them. Laptops and notebook computers are a potential gold mine for thieves unless you encrypt your data, according to Addonics Technologies. The CipherUSB from Addonics provides a simple and inexpensive way to encrypt data stored on flash drives, flash media, USB hard drives as well as Blu-ray, DVD or CD media.
A student's mobile device may include your resume, transcripts, school or internship applications, or financial records? Equally, administrators who use a laptop for their job, may have files such as human resources records, student applications, transcripts, research data or payroll information stored on their system. Should your laptop be lost or stolen, you want the data inside to be electronically inaccessible.
The CipherUSB is a small USB pass through adapter that encrypts data stored inside any USB drive (Thumb drive, USB hard drive or any Flash card inserted into a USB reader). Installation is easy. Simply plug the CipherUSB adapter into any USB port and the USB drive to the back of the CipherUSB adapter, the drive appears in the computer in a few seconds and is ready for use just like any ordinary USB drive.
All the data written to the USB drive is automatically encrypted on the fly with the military grade AES 256-bit hardware encryption via a FIPS certified crypto engine. The operation is as simple as using a key to start your car.
There is no software or driver to install and no password to remember. There is no measurable performance difference on your USB drive and all your software works the same as before. Since there is no software or password needed to operate the CipherUSB adapter, the encrypted USB drive can be used on any system so long as you have the CipherUSB adapter with you.
Securing data in Blu-Ray, DVD or CD disc
The CipherUSB can also encrypt data written onto the Blu-Ray, DVD or CD disc. Again simply plug the CipherUSB adapter into any USB port and the USB Blu-Ray burner or DVD/CD burner to the back of the CipherUSB adapter. Once the drive shows up in your computer, you then launch your familiar burning software. Any data burnt onto the BD, DVD or CD media is automatically encrypted with the AES 256-bit encryption.
Designed with a NIST certified crypto engine from Enova Technology, the CipherUSB leaves no trace of any cipher code in RAM or any part of the computer. Since no password is entered into the computer, the CipherUSB is hacker-proof. Each CipherUSB adapter comes with a software utility for programming personal key codes up to 32 characters long. This code is then secured with AES 256-bit encryption and stored inside the CipherUSB adapter.
The CipherUSB has an MSRP of $29.95 and is now shipping. Visit the product page for more information.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched