Today LaCie announced availability of the RuggedKey, the perfect solution to protect data from life's stumbles. The RuggedKey is the latest addition to LaCie's award-winning line of Rugged drives designed by Neil Poulton. From inclement weather to unauthorized access, the RuggedKey protects data from any threat.
Ready for Life's Adventures
The iconic orange bumper is back, this time to protect a USB key from heat, cold, and 100-meter drops. The RuggedKey is a great accessory for an adventure photographer who needs a way to keep his photos protected and accessible while on the road. If the key is dropped off of a cliff or stepped on during a hike - no problem! His files are still intact. Furthermore, it's IP-54 certified to resist damage from dust and water making it the best device for on-the-go data protection.
USB 3.0 Speeds
USB 3.0 continues to proliferate as the industry adopts the technology. The RuggedKey, with USB 3.0 speeds up to 100 MB/s, is excellent for transferring files. Users can transfer an HD movie, 3,000 photos or a 5 GB file in less than one minute. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, making the key a fast and convenient device.
Cloud Storage and Data Encryption
Wuala Secure Cloud Storage makes data on the RuggedKey easily accessible without compromising security. Wuala lets users keep one copy of data on the key and one in the cloud. That way, if a user forgets the key at the office, they can still access the files via the cloud. And for the ultimate in security, AES 256-bit encryption prevents unauthorized file access to the key with password protection.
The RuggedKey is available in 16 GB and 32 GB through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Storage Partners starting at the suggested retail price of $39.99.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's gigafactory is coming together, thanks to satellite images
- Acer's XB280HK 28-inch 4K NVIDIA G-Sync monitor is just $599 right now
- Samsung's new M.2 NVMe PCIe-based SSD capable of 2.2GB/sec reads
- Local piracy rates heavily influence Netflix's pricing in the region
- 'Furious 7' races past $1B at the worldwide box office
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- My new cpu only shows 1 core in bios and 2 in windows but its a quad core
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives