Today LaCie announced availability of the RuggedKey, the perfect solution to protect data from life's stumbles. The RuggedKey is the latest addition to LaCie's award-winning line of Rugged drives designed by Neil Poulton. From inclement weather to unauthorized access, the RuggedKey protects data from any threat.
Ready for Life's Adventures
The iconic orange bumper is back, this time to protect a USB key from heat, cold, and 100-meter drops. The RuggedKey is a great accessory for an adventure photographer who needs a way to keep his photos protected and accessible while on the road. If the key is dropped off of a cliff or stepped on during a hike - no problem! His files are still intact. Furthermore, it's IP-54 certified to resist damage from dust and water making it the best device for on-the-go data protection.
USB 3.0 Speeds
USB 3.0 continues to proliferate as the industry adopts the technology. The RuggedKey, with USB 3.0 speeds up to 100 MB/s, is excellent for transferring files. Users can transfer an HD movie, 3,000 photos or a 5 GB file in less than one minute. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, making the key a fast and convenient device.
Cloud Storage and Data Encryption
Wuala Secure Cloud Storage makes data on the RuggedKey easily accessible without compromising security. Wuala lets users keep one copy of data on the key and one in the cloud. That way, if a user forgets the key at the office, they can still access the files via the cloud. And for the ultimate in security, AES 256-bit encryption prevents unauthorized file access to the key with password protection.
The RuggedKey is available in 16 GB and 32 GB through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Storage Partners starting at the suggested retail price of $39.99.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni