Today LaCie announced availability of the RuggedKey, the perfect solution to protect data from life's stumbles. The RuggedKey is the latest addition to LaCie's award-winning line of Rugged drives designed by Neil Poulton. From inclement weather to unauthorized access, the RuggedKey protects data from any threat.
Ready for Life's Adventures
The iconic orange bumper is back, this time to protect a USB key from heat, cold, and 100-meter drops. The RuggedKey is a great accessory for an adventure photographer who needs a way to keep his photos protected and accessible while on the road. If the key is dropped off of a cliff or stepped on during a hike - no problem! His files are still intact. Furthermore, it's IP-54 certified to resist damage from dust and water making it the best device for on-the-go data protection.
USB 3.0 Speeds
USB 3.0 continues to proliferate as the industry adopts the technology. The RuggedKey, with USB 3.0 speeds up to 100 MB/s, is excellent for transferring files. Users can transfer an HD movie, 3,000 photos or a 5 GB file in less than one minute. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, making the key a fast and convenient device.
Cloud Storage and Data Encryption
Wuala Secure Cloud Storage makes data on the RuggedKey easily accessible without compromising security. Wuala lets users keep one copy of data on the key and one in the cloud. That way, if a user forgets the key at the office, they can still access the files via the cloud. And for the ultimate in security, AES 256-bit encryption prevents unauthorized file access to the key with password protection.
The RuggedKey is available in 16 GB and 32 GB through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Storage Partners starting at the suggested retail price of $39.99.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will soon offer no subscriptions for World of Warcraft
- Apple rumored to launch its new 12-inch Retina MacBook Air in Q2 2015
- Sony not worried about the price of its VR headset during development
- Valve confirms it is experimenting around with Half-Life in VR
- Rock Band 4 announced, will hit the Xbox One and PS4 end of this year
- Inateck FE2006 2.5" USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- PC crashing after GA X97M D3H 7c Bios
- 775i65G asus mb sata issues
- slow ssd's
- Is this an incompatibility issue? Z87N wifi + Gtx 770
- Razer Makes Razer Chroma SDK Available
- ESL Releases First Mobile App for Events
- ADATA Launches IHSS312 Industrial Half-Slim SSD
- Logitech Announces G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G.SKILL Announces 2nd Annual "OC World Cup 2015" Overclocking Competition