metaio, the worldwide leader in Augmented Reality (AR) software, today announced the release of the latest update to junaio, the most advanced AR Browser and open development platform, available immediately for download on iOS and Android mobile devices. With a brand new user interface and experience, this version of junaio is an AR browser that no one has ever seen before, driven by amazing content, incredible interactions and a tool that allows anyone to produce their own experiences.
Augmented reality apps in the past have been clunky, unintuitive and almost impossible to navigate. The new junaio brings a fresh start to mobile AR, with a seamless swipe transition between the different features. As soon as users load the application, they will be greeted with a friendly and quick tutorial, after which they will be transported instantly to smart GPS AR content, immediately displaying information based on their location. From that screen users need only to swipe to access the QR code scanner, a list of new and popular content channels, or even a visual search engine that will take the user directly to the AR content without ever leaving the screen.
"This is junaio at its best. It's never been easier to find fresh, relevant content in the world around you," said Daniel Gelder, VP Commercial & Consumer Platform Strategy. "This is a huge step for mobile Augmented Reality to have an application that practically anyone can use for the first time."
For over a year, junaio has already provided smartphone users the ability to scan QR codes, navigate indoor and outdoor environments and discover augmented content in images and print, with experiences from content from popular services and brands like 3M, eBay Classifieds, Toyota, Valpak, Foursquare, Eventbrite, Twitter, Instagram, and Wikipedia.
"Mobile users should be able to browse life like the web," said Trak Lord, head of US Marketing & Media Relations for metaio. "This latest version of junaio is the first major step to making that a reality."
GPS, image recognition, visual search and other AR features can be found in a variety of apps, but junaio is the only one that combines them all in a single, free application. With a clean new look and technology that will empower the next generation of mobile interactions, junaio is the mobile companion for an Augmented World.
The newest version of junaio is available from today on for free in the Apple App Store and within the next few days at Google Play.
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer