metaio, the worldwide leader in Augmented Reality (AR) software, today announced the release of the latest update to junaio, the most advanced AR Browser and open development platform, available immediately for download on iOS and Android mobile devices. With a brand new user interface and experience, this version of junaio is an AR browser that no one has ever seen before, driven by amazing content, incredible interactions and a tool that allows anyone to produce their own experiences.
Augmented reality apps in the past have been clunky, unintuitive and almost impossible to navigate. The new junaio brings a fresh start to mobile AR, with a seamless swipe transition between the different features. As soon as users load the application, they will be greeted with a friendly and quick tutorial, after which they will be transported instantly to smart GPS AR content, immediately displaying information based on their location. From that screen users need only to swipe to access the QR code scanner, a list of new and popular content channels, or even a visual search engine that will take the user directly to the AR content without ever leaving the screen.
"This is junaio at its best. It's never been easier to find fresh, relevant content in the world around you," said Daniel Gelder, VP Commercial & Consumer Platform Strategy. "This is a huge step for mobile Augmented Reality to have an application that practically anyone can use for the first time."
For over a year, junaio has already provided smartphone users the ability to scan QR codes, navigate indoor and outdoor environments and discover augmented content in images and print, with experiences from content from popular services and brands like 3M, eBay Classifieds, Toyota, Valpak, Foursquare, Eventbrite, Twitter, Instagram, and Wikipedia.
"Mobile users should be able to browse life like the web," said Trak Lord, head of US Marketing & Media Relations for metaio. "This latest version of junaio is the first major step to making that a reality."
GPS, image recognition, visual search and other AR features can be found in a variety of apps, but junaio is the only one that combines them all in a single, free application. With a clean new look and technology that will empower the next generation of mobile interactions, junaio is the mobile companion for an Augmented World.
The newest version of junaio is available from today on for free in the Apple App Store and within the next few days at Google Play.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- Here are some facts about Google for their 18th birthday
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now