VIA Technologies, Inc., a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, is honored to announce today that it has been selected to receive one of the Best Choice of Computex 2012 awards for its USB 3.0 Active Optical Cable (AOC), which features the VIA Labs the VO510 5-Gigabit Optical Transceiver. USB 3.0 AOC builds on the rapid data transfer and high-definition multimedia capabilities of USB 3.0 and expands maximum distances from 3 meters to 100 meters and beyond.
The USB 3.0 AOC was designed to be compliant with SuperSpeed USB electrical specifications, offering seamless interoperability between existing USB 3.0 host and device controllers, ensuring a trouble-free plug-and-play experience. With an ultra-thin profile and long reach, the USB 3.0 AOC breaks the distance barrier and introduces a cost-effective and high-performance solution enabling existing devices to be used in new ways such as for Smart Digital Signage, High-Definition Surveillance, and Zero-Clients.
"We are deeply honored to be selected to receive such a prestigious award at this year's Computex 2012 ," said Jiin Lai, Chief Technical Officer, VIA Labs, Inc. "With the VO510 and our partner's AOC products at mass production readiness, we are looking to expand our coverage and expertise of other interconnects such as PCI Express."
VIA will be in attendance at Computex 2012, 4F Nangang Exhibition Hall, Booth MO311 this June 5th to 9th and showcasing the new technology as well as the entire VIA Smart Ecosystem. To schedule a meeting with a VIA representative please contact Sales@via-labs.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo wants best third party games on Switch
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller