VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, today announced the VIA AMOS-3002, an ultra compact, fanless system designed around the tiny VIA EPIA-P900 Pico-ITX board. The VIA AMOS-3002 provides embedded customers with a system that delivers all the latest features and digital media standards required for a diversified range of embedded applications including telematics, in-vehicle control, machine to machine controller (M2M), digital signage and kiosks.
Leveraging the digital prowess of the combined 1.0GHz VIA Eden X2 dual core processor and the VIA VX900H media system processor (MSP) on the VIA EPIA-P900 board, the VIA AMOS-3002 offers a powerful, rugged and HD-ready industrial-class PC that combines all the benefits of high performance 64-bit computing in an ultra compact system. The highly integrated, all-in-one VIA VX900H boasts ruthless hardware acceleration of the most demanding codecs, including MPEG-2, WMV9 and H.264, in resolutions up to 1080p across the latest display connectivity standards, including native HDMI support, for next generation multimedia-intensive applications.
"The VIA AMOS-3002 advances the ultra compact AMOS series systems, delivering fanless dual core computing and advanced multimedia capabilities," said Epan Wu, Head of the VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The superior versatility and reliable compact design of the VIA AMOS-3002 makes it ideal for a diversified range of embedded applications."
The VIA AMOS-3002 is specifically designed to support the VIA EPIA-P900 Pico-ITX board, which combines a 1.0GHz Eden X2 processor and the VIA VX900H MSP, to operate completely fanlessly within a robust chassis measuring 19.7cm x 10.4cm x 4.9cm (WxDxH). The VIA AMOS-3002 has a certified operating temperature of -20 to 60 degrees C, vibration tolerance of up to 5Grms and a shock tolerance of up to 50G. The VIA AMOS-3002 is also available with the VIA EPIA-P830 featuring a 1.0GHz Nano E-Series processor, offering an operating temperature of -20 to 70 degrees C.
Storage is provided through a Cfast slot for a SATA interface Flash drive while an optional storage sub-system expansion chassis offers support for a standard 2.5" SATA drive. Comprehensive I/O functions on front and rear panels include two COM ports, six USB 2.0 ports, including two of which are lockable for increased ruggedization, line-in/out, one DIO port, one VGA and one HDMI port for display connectivity and two GLAN ports for dual Gigabit networking. Optional Wi-Fi and 3G networking are available through a MiniPCIe expansion slot.
Latest News Posts
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now