IRVINE, Calif., March 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Western DigitalÂ® (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in digital storage solutions, has announced that it is offering to customers of its WD SentinelÂ™ DX4000 storage server an offsite data storage service that improves data protection for the small business owners who rely on WD Sentinel to protect their precious business information. WD partnered with KeepVaultÂ®, which was recently added to the AuthenTecÂ® line of services, to serve WD's Sentinel small office storage server customers.
WD Sentinel storage servers act as an on-site cloud storage solution for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). The addition of KeepVault provides an integrated offsite backup solution for SMBs' most important information, providing secure offsite disaster protection. The service integrates seamlessly into the administration dashboard and the user can choose to compress and or encrypt data while backing it up to the cloud, allowing for improved data transfers with increased security. Data from WD Sentinel can be backed-up to KeepVault either real time or as per a user-defined backup schedule and the administrator can choose to throttle the bandwidth to manage network performance, thus providing the SMB a hands-free, peace-of-mind off-site data protection system.
"In the event of a natural or man-made disaster, an SMB could lose everything if its place of business were compromised," said Thomas Gallivan, vice president of marketing for WD's SMB solutions group. "By adding KeepVault to the WD Sentinel product, we have provided our customers with an additional tool for protecting their businesses with a system that provides seamless backup and full data restoration, ensuring that an SMB has the insurance to get their business up and running in the event of a crisis."
KeepVault's user interface makes it easy for a SMB to track online backup history. It also provides recovery options in the user interface, allowing users one-click recovery, selective recovery, and selected download options to recover the data on the same or a completely new WD Sentinel storage server. KeepVault, a subscription service, will come pre-installed but not pre-activated on all WD Sentinel products, so customers may choose whether or not to use KeepVault as their off-site backup solution for a WD Sentinel storage server. WD and AuthenTec have established special offerings for WD Sentinel customers to "Connect and Protect" their SMB information.
Customers can sign up for a service plan directly from within the KeepVault user interface pre-installed in the WD Sentinel administration dashboard or by visiting KeepVault's partner page for WD at http://wdc.keepvault.com. More information on WD Sentinel small storage servers can be found at http://www.wdc.com/wdsentinel.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes