Dedicated host offers HP-branded processing boost for virtualization hypervisors
RapidSwitch, a leading European supplier of self-managed dedicated server solutions, has announced an HP-branded 'Extreme' package for customers who want more processing power from their self-managed servers.
With the increase in private cloud deployments and vast popularity of RapidSwitch's quad core offerings, 'Extreme' represents the next step in a base package for running virtualization hypervisors, such as VMware's ESXi or Citrix's XenServer. The addition of an out-of-band management card allows clients to have complete control of their servers from anywhere in the world.
'Extreme' is packed with the latest Intel Xeon hex-core processors, SAS hard drives, and built in iLO card for lights-out management and can be completely customised, with additional RAM and hard drives to suit.
Sarah Haran, managing director of RapidSwitch says: "Technical clients are demanding more from their hardware in order to fulfil virtualization requirements. We are continually talking to our clients to put together the next generation of self-managed packages and cloud hosting is definitely the future."
The package also represents a choice for colocation clients, with the low voltage CPUs and low-power 2.5" hard drives, all packing into a 1U chassis, providing a great base for high-density, high-power hosting platforms.
RapidSwitch is a subsidiary of AIM listed iomart Group plc which is ranked as one of the top 25 cloud services providers in the world by Talkin' Cloud 50 and was named Scottish Digital IT Company of the Year 2011.
Latest News Posts
- DOTA 2 'The International' breaks through $15 million prize pool
- Windows 10 launches on July 29, but you'll probably have to wait
- Next Car Game sees downgraded graphics with its latest update
- Gamers claim Elite: Dangerous graphics have been watered down
- Sony's latest PS4 uses up to 18% less power, also weighs less
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Intel Core i7-5775C 3.3GHz Broadwell LGA-1150 CPU Performance Overview
- D-Link DCS-935L HD Wi-Fi Camera Review
- Problem with Overclocking
- Thermaltake Commander FT Touchscreen Fan Controller Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors