Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today unveiled the Logitech® HD Pro Webcam C920, making it easier than ever to capture full-HD 1080p video that's faster and smoother and performs well on more computers. The device offers breathtaking quality, allowing friends and loved ones to see and hear the real you.
"People are increasingly relying on video calling to maintain far flung connections," said Todd Walker, brand manager at Logitech. "Whether chatting with friends, family or co-workers, they want to be seen at their best through a sharp, high-quality image. The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 can provide just that as the first webcam to offer 1080p video calling, thanks to our collaboration with Skype."
The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 captures full-HD 1080p video for connecting with friends using Skype or in HD 720p for Windows Live Messenger. Thanks to H.264 advanced compression technology, you can upload full-HD 1080p video clips or 15MP photos quickly and with one click to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube (account required). To enjoy 1080p HD video calling you'll need to download the latest version of Skype, Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows.
Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology is what sets a Logitech webcam apart. In addition to smoother video motion without annoying choppiness, you get sharper pictures, richer colors and clearer sound - so your loved ones will literally see and hear more of you - even if you don't have the newest computer on the market. The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 also features Carl Zeiss optics and a premium 20-step autofocus, Logitech's smoothest, most responsive autofocus yet. And because being heard is just as important as being seen, two mics positioned on either side of the webcam capture natural stereo audio.
The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 will also be offered to business customers, delivering an enhanced experience for videoconferencing and unified communications. To learn more, visit http://www.logitech.com/business.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in January 2012 for a suggested retail price of $99.99. For more information please visit http://www.logitech.com or our blog.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Radeon RX 480 drawing too much power over the PCIe slot
- Diablo 4 is almost assuredly in the works
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card