Wilson Electronics, manufacturer of North America's top-selling line of cellular signal boosters, announced at 2012 International CES the world's first 4G mobile signal booster, the Sleek 4G-V.
In areas with Verizon Wireless LTE service the Sleek 4G-V will ensure a strong LTE signal as well as conventional 3G or 2G signals. Benefits include fewer dropped connections and no-service "dead zones," faster data transfer rates and improved battery life for wireless devices.
The Sleek 4G-V is on display at the Wilson Electronics booth #35219 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, level 2, through Jan. 13.
The device, with an MSRP of $149.95, boosts all LTE, 3G and 2G cellular signals on 700 MHz, 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency bands. Designed for use in a vehicle, the Sleek 4G-V can also be used indoors with the purchase of an optional accessory kit - perfect for boosting signal to 4G wireless hotspots like the Verizon JetPack.
"Verizon Wireless customers who use LTE-enabled phones and data devices can now enjoy the same benefits of Wilson boosters that others on 3G networks have long enjoyed," said Laine Matthews, Wilson's director of business development. "For those troubled by a weak signal, the Sleek 4G-V provides a strong, reliable connection so they can connect with confidence."
In areas not served by Verizon Wireless LTE, the Sleek 4G-V will amplify any existing signal on 800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. This allows the user to enjoy a strong, reliable cellular signal even when no 4G service is available.
The Sleek 4G-V delivers more than 20 times the power of a typical cell phone, but weighs only three ounces (85 grams) and measures just 2.5 by 4.5 by 2.5 inches (6.4 x 11.4 6.4 cm). Simple, do-it-yourself installation is done in a matter of minutes.
The Sleek 4G-V will be available in the second quarter of 2012 from most Wilson resellers. It is designed for ideal use with a Bluetooth headset or other hands-free device. Additionally, like all Wilson signal boosters, the Sleek 4G-V features very sophisticated cell tower protection technologies developed over more than a decade of research and development.
Latest News Posts
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design