Wilson Electronics, manufacturer of North America's top-selling line of cellular signal boosters, announced at 2012 International CES the world's first 4G mobile signal booster, the Sleek 4G-V.
In areas with Verizon Wireless LTE service the Sleek 4G-V will ensure a strong LTE signal as well as conventional 3G or 2G signals. Benefits include fewer dropped connections and no-service "dead zones," faster data transfer rates and improved battery life for wireless devices.
The Sleek 4G-V is on display at the Wilson Electronics booth #35219 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, level 2, through Jan. 13.
The device, with an MSRP of $149.95, boosts all LTE, 3G and 2G cellular signals on 700 MHz, 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency bands. Designed for use in a vehicle, the Sleek 4G-V can also be used indoors with the purchase of an optional accessory kit - perfect for boosting signal to 4G wireless hotspots like the Verizon JetPack.
"Verizon Wireless customers who use LTE-enabled phones and data devices can now enjoy the same benefits of Wilson boosters that others on 3G networks have long enjoyed," said Laine Matthews, Wilson's director of business development. "For those troubled by a weak signal, the Sleek 4G-V provides a strong, reliable connection so they can connect with confidence."
In areas not served by Verizon Wireless LTE, the Sleek 4G-V will amplify any existing signal on 800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. This allows the user to enjoy a strong, reliable cellular signal even when no 4G service is available.
The Sleek 4G-V delivers more than 20 times the power of a typical cell phone, but weighs only three ounces (85 grams) and measures just 2.5 by 4.5 by 2.5 inches (6.4 x 11.4 6.4 cm). Simple, do-it-yourself installation is done in a matter of minutes.
The Sleek 4G-V will be available in the second quarter of 2012 from most Wilson resellers. It is designed for ideal use with a Bluetooth headset or other hands-free device. Additionally, like all Wilson signal boosters, the Sleek 4G-V features very sophisticated cell tower protection technologies developed over more than a decade of research and development.
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog