Wilson Electronics, manufacturer of North America's top-selling line of cellular signal boosters, announced at 2012 International CES the world's first 4G mobile signal booster, the Sleek 4G-V.
In areas with Verizon Wireless LTE service the Sleek 4G-V will ensure a strong LTE signal as well as conventional 3G or 2G signals. Benefits include fewer dropped connections and no-service "dead zones," faster data transfer rates and improved battery life for wireless devices.
The Sleek 4G-V is on display at the Wilson Electronics booth #35219 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, level 2, through Jan. 13.
The device, with an MSRP of $149.95, boosts all LTE, 3G and 2G cellular signals on 700 MHz, 800 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency bands. Designed for use in a vehicle, the Sleek 4G-V can also be used indoors with the purchase of an optional accessory kit - perfect for boosting signal to 4G wireless hotspots like the Verizon JetPack.
"Verizon Wireless customers who use LTE-enabled phones and data devices can now enjoy the same benefits of Wilson boosters that others on 3G networks have long enjoyed," said Laine Matthews, Wilson's director of business development. "For those troubled by a weak signal, the Sleek 4G-V provides a strong, reliable connection so they can connect with confidence."
In areas not served by Verizon Wireless LTE, the Sleek 4G-V will amplify any existing signal on 800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. This allows the user to enjoy a strong, reliable cellular signal even when no 4G service is available.
The Sleek 4G-V delivers more than 20 times the power of a typical cell phone, but weighs only three ounces (85 grams) and measures just 2.5 by 4.5 by 2.5 inches (6.4 x 11.4 6.4 cm). Simple, do-it-yourself installation is done in a matter of minutes.
The Sleek 4G-V will be available in the second quarter of 2012 from most Wilson resellers. It is designed for ideal use with a Bluetooth headset or other hands-free device. Additionally, like all Wilson signal boosters, the Sleek 4G-V features very sophisticated cell tower protection technologies developed over more than a decade of research and development.
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015