"Small is Beautiful: 10 Years of Mini-ITX" captures the highlights of the first ten years as well as the exciting future of the Mini-ITX platform
Taipei, Taiwan, 30 November 2011 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the release of "Small is Beautiful: 10 Years of Mini-ITX", an eBook celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the groundbreaking achievements and innovations inspired by the Mini-ITX form factor. Included is a look back at the history of the platform, past mods and how the industry was inspired and reacted to these revolutionary small motherboards, and a look ahead to what lies in store for VIA's beloved Mini-ITX.
The Mini-ITX VT6010 reference design created by Robert Kuo, Assistant Vice President, VIA Technologies, Inc., was originally launched on November 6th, 2001 and from this humble beginning the 17cm x 17cm Mini-ITX form factor has gone on to revolutionize the industry over the past ten years. Becoming an industry standard along the way, the Mini-ITX has been a springboard of inspiration for a large community of modders and companies. Integrating the key computing components on the small Mini-ITX form factor was a catalyst behind the industry's movement towards compact, power efficient computing and the death of the beige box.
"Small is Beautiful is above all a celebration of the tremendous creative spirit shown by the modders and enthusiasts who got their hands on a Mini-ITX board and made their visions realities," said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies Inc. "It was they who demonstrated that PCs no longer needed to be big, beige and boring, rather they could be small, stylish and silent instead."
The "Small is Beautiful: 10 Years of Mini-ITX" eBook is available for download in either PDF or eBook friendly tablet/Smartphone reader formats. To download your copy, please go to: http://www.viamini-itxebook.com/
For images related to this press release please visit:
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance