Journey Inward with ZEROtherm and Unleash the Creativity Within
Creative Cooler Challenge Encourages Community to Design Next Generation Coolers With $5000 in Cash and Prizes!
July 1st , Daejeon, Korea: In an effort to empower the budding creative minds within the enthusiast community, ZEROtherm is taking an unprecedented measure to help aide the development of THE next generation CPU and VGA coolers. Sponsoring the first ever "Creative Cooler Challenge", ZEROtherm is determined to tap into the unharnessed dreams of the hardware tweaker and help those dreams become a reality.
ZEROtherm understands that hidden inside the mind of the enthusiast there lays the raw untapped desire to create the next monumental advancement in performance enhancing hardware. A need to push hardware beyond its limits resonates at the core of the hardcore! Amidst the countless mathematical equations processed while attempting to reverse engineer various software and hardware constraints in the pursuit of tweaking ones PC, there erupts a singular passion and solution to break the performance barrier...a thermal solution! The time has come to unleash the creativity within and take a shot at making your mark as a driving contributor to the overclocking community! For a chance to be the winner of the $3000 grand prize, a $1000 2nd place prize or one of three lucky 3rd place winners, please take a moment to examine the below contest details.
1. Guide Line
1) Contest Holder : APACK, Inc. / ZEROtherm®
2) Type of Contest : Cooler Design
3) Contest Subject : CPU / VGA Cooler Design
4) Participation : World Wide Submissions are accepted
5) Contest Duration
a. Design Registration : 1st of July ~ 31st of July
b. Judging : 1st of Aug. ~ 10th of Aug.
c. Entry Announcement : 11th of Aug.
d. Winner Announcement & Award : 15th of Aug
a. 1st Place : USD 3,000
b. 2nd Place : USD 1,000
c. 3rd Place : Nintendo WII (3 winners)
7) Registration & Inquiry
2. Design Guide & General Notice
1) Collecting Design : CPU or VGA Cooler
2) Number of Design : no limitation per person. Not allowed to revise the design after registration
3) File & Type
- File type : AutoCAD, 3dsmax, AI and JPEG format
- Published Design
- Designs in use by any other cooler company
- Any kinds of design stealing will be legally punished by Korean Law
5) Design Tool
- Any kinds of design software can be used, including hand sketch. But registration format must be autocad, 3dsmax, illustrate and JPEG format
6) Copyrights, Right of Use and Notice
- The right of use for the designs is awarded to APACK, Inc. No return for registered designs.
- APACK, Inc. may use the designs for online, offline and any kinds of advertisement and exposure
- Should the design/s be determined to be pirated, copied or legal problem/s, APACK may cancel the award and the designer must return the prizes.
3. Judging Criteria / Process
All eligible entries will be reviewed base on the criteria listed below, each weighted equally. Each entry will be scored its own rating sheet base on how well it meets the criteria of design excellence described below.
1) Innovation : is the design new and unique?
2) Mechanical/Technical Ability : How is the design enhanced(in cooling performance) with new technologies?
3) Aesthetics : how does the appearance enhance the emotional appeal of the product?
4) Market viability and Manufacturability : Who does this design appeal to and what are the target markets? Also consider manufacturability including mainboard compatibility(CPU Cooler), graphics card compatibility(VGA Cooler)
5) Noise Reduction : No noise causable components will score more
1) APACK, Inc. : 4
- CEO, Board Directors (from Manufacturing, Researching, Mkt., Strategic Planning)
2) KAIST : 1
3) Art Designer or Professor : 1
4) Media Reviewer : Chris Ram (TweakTown USA), 1(EU) (To be announced)
About ZEROtherm® -
Amidst an industry where performance is king and speed is everything, ZEROtherm® has carved out a niche where the only true way to remain aggressive in cooling is to focus on passive solutions. ZEROtherm products are engineered with the primary objective being that of decreasing noise into the "ZERO" range while effectively addressing thermal issues. ZEROtherm products are optimized cooling solutions that effectively reduce both noise and heat without sacrificing either for the other. Our core thermal packaging technology (including heat pipe technology and micro electro mechanical technology) is the basis for all ZEROtherm products and has received global accolades.
ZEROtherm® is a division of APACK, INC. APACK is a heat pipe technology based thermal solution provider which provides customized designing and engineering solutions and, ultimately, provides best-of breed thermal solutions. We seek to exceed consumer expectations by developing, designing, and producing "best-of-breed" solutions from our extensive technological, manufacturing and engineering capabilities.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017