Plus Dual USB2.0 Hub and Card Reader / PC Connection over eSATA or USB2.0 / MSRP 59.90 euros
Sharkoon presents the successor to their local network, insertable hard drive docking station with the SATA QuickPort Pro LAN: The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Pro LAN Giga replaces the existing Fast Ethernet interface with a significantly faster Gigabit Ethernet interface. Through its LAN Port, associated hard drives and other medians can be integrated into a local home or office network.
In addition to the LAN Port and plug-in for SATA hard drives in 2.5 and 3.5 inch format, the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Pro LAN Giga provides an integrated dual USB2.0 hub and a card reader for SD, SDHC, MMC and MS cards. The USB hub and card reader are connected via USB to a computer or laptop, with hard drives also being connected alternatively via the eSATA interface.
In order to ensure that all inserted SATA hard drives, memory cards and USB devices within the QuickPort are available to all users of a local network, the docking station must be connected to the network with the corresponding software installed on all computers involved. The individual user can add the device to their computer through the Software menu. If a user accesses the device then it is closed to all remaining network users. If another user needs the device, they can simply send the current user a request for release. If needed, the reset button on the backside allows the USB server to be restarted.
Like the previous QuickPort models, the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Pro LAN Giga is equipped with a hard drive ejection button and LEDs indicating power supply and disk activity. The adapter measures 133 x 71 x 95 mm (W x H x L), weighs 545 grams and includes an instruction manual with Tool CD, power supply, patch cable, USB cable and eSATA cable.
End customers will find the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort Pro LAN Giga available immediately for the suggested retail price of 59.90 euros in authorized retailers.
For further questions, to request photos or other informational material please contact us or go to http://www.sharkoon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft opens up cross-platform Office support for Android apps
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Microsoft opens up Cortana for Google Android, Apple iOS devices
- Not looking forward to standardized testing? DDoS the school instead
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015