LG Display, a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, today announced it has developed a 47-inch Full HD LCD panel, featuring vertical single side LED backlight technology, that offers maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.
The newly developed LCD panel achieves the world's lowest power consumption rate among large LCD panels by dramatically reducing the number of LED lamps used while maintaining a high level of brightness. To reduce the quantity of LED bulbs used, LG Display introduced its own backlight technology in which LED lamps are attached vertically to a single side of the panel, a world first for such technology.
Despite its large size, the 47-inch LCD panel uses only 28W, less than the power consumption of most 20-inch PC monitors which use between 30~50W. The LCD panel also delivers 400 Nits of brightness suitable for HD TVs through a three-film structure which helps focus and diffuse light, together with Local Dimming Technology and energy efficient LED bulbs.
Making it ideal for commercialization, the 47-inch LCD panel offers outstanding picture quality through its full HD resolution and ultra-slim design highlighted by its minimal 8.5mm bezel, in addition to its improved energy efficiency which will ensure cost savings for consumers.
"Together with our business partners, LG Display has developed this LCD technology to continue our commitment to improving energy efficiency with environmentally friendly solutions," said Shin Ho Kang, vice president and head of LG Display's LED Development Department. "We will continue to invest in developing more energy efficient technologies that can bring greater value to both the market and the environment."
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni