Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the SSDNow KC100, the company's first SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) business-equipped SSD. KC100 utilizes the latest award-winning SandForce controller. This powerhouse SSD delivers exceptional performance and instantly boosts the productivity of any client system.
KC100 is backed by a five-year warranty to match the industry average for product refresh cycles in the enterprise. Utilizing SandForce's DuraClass technology, KC100 delivers world-class data integrity protection. Corporations can rest assured their data is safe as the drive offers advanced wear leveling and garbage collection to maintain optimal endurance and performance. Data integrity protection runs transparently in the background so it never disrupts daily business.
KC100 is the only business-equipped SSD to offer enterprise-level S.M.A.R.T attributes. The SSD's usage statistics, health and life stage can be monitored with industry standard and publicly available S.M.A.R.T monitoring tools. This provides peace of mind for IT departments knowing their employees are taken care of as the KC100 client-side SSDs are reliable and running optimally.
"Kingston is thrilled to offer the new business-equipped KC100 SSD to enterprises," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "Data integrity is important to every company and the KC100 is sure to deliver the highest standards of data protection on the client systems in which it is installed. Users can rest assured that with the combination of its endurance, reliability and performance, KC100 will become a very important asset in the workplace."
The new KC100 self-encrypts to provide full and immediate client-level data encryption. With two embedded encryption engines, running in both AES-128 and AES-256, encryption is performed at the drive level without draining host system resources and slowing down data transfer rates. KC100 is also backwards-compatible with current SATA 2 systems so investments are future-proofed for the next client system upgrade.
SSDNow KC100 ships in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, as a standalone or as an upgrade bundle kit. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Sequential Reads 6Gb/s:
o SATA Rev. 3.0 - 120GB & 240GB: 555MB/s; 480GB: 540MB/s
o SATA Rev. 2.0 - 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 280MB/s
Sequential Writes 6Gb/s
o SATA Rev. 3.0 - 120GB & 240GB: 510MB/s; 480GB: 450MB/s
o SATA Rev. 2.0 - 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 260MB/s
Sustained Random 4K Read/Write:
o 120GB: 20,000/60,000 IOPS
o 240GB: 40,000/60,000 IOPS
o 480GB: 60,000/45,000 IOPS
Max Random 4K Read/Write:
o 120GB: 90,000 / 70,000 IOPS
o 240GB: 95,000 / 60,000 IOPS
o 480GB: 77,000 / 45,000 IOPS
Form factor: 2.5"
Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s) and SATA Rev 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
Guaranteed: five-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
Enterprise S.M.A.R.T Tools: Reliability Tracking, Usage Statistics, Life Remaining, Power Loss, Wear Leveling, Temperature, Drive Life Protection
Capacity: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
Storage temperatures: -40°C - 85°C
Operating temperatures: 0°C - 70°C
Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
Vibration operating: 2.17G
Vibration non-operating: 20G
Operating shock: 1500G
Power specs: 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.6 W (TYP) Read / 2.05 W (TYP) Write
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased from ZOTAC's FireStorm OC software
- Inno3D unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 iChill series, led by HerculeZ X4
- The Last Guardian coming in 2016, new footage and screenshots released
- Become a certified Microsoft Office expert with this bundle
- See the cancelled Legacy of Kain game in action
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles