Mac bootable updater doesn't require Windows OS or partitioning other brands require
September 1, 2011, Woodstock, IL -- Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac® and PC technology company, announced today the industry's first and only Apple/Mac compatible firmware updater for SandForce Driven Solid State Drives. The fully Mac bootable updater is freely available from OWC for use exclusively with select OWC Mercury Solid State Drive models manufactured since January 2010. This new Mac compatible firmware updater is in addition to firmware update support OWC previously made available for Macintosh computers via the use of Bootcamp, as well as for PCs running the Windows OS.
Offer Easy Mac Friendly Update Experience
OWC's Mac compatible firmware updater eliminates the need for a PC, ownership of Windows or other operating system, or the creation of a specially designated drive partition that other brand SSD updaters have required. Mac users only need to download the updater from OWC's site, obtain and burn a DVD, and then boot from that DVD to launch an easy to use, point and click GUI for installing the latest firmware revision to their OWC Mercury SSD. OWC's proprietary firmware updater, now available with support for most Mac models, can be immediately downloaded at: http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/OWC/SSD
"We devoted significant resources to provide users of OWC brand SSDs effective, user friendly firmware update solutions," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "We're pleased to be able to offer a Mac friendly experience expected by the Mac user community, while also providing standard upgrade packages for Windows and Linux Operating System users. Our development of this solution now ensures enhanced support and rapid releases in the future for the ongoing support of our full SSD line up, regardless of our customer's preferred OS."
"We continue to see solid growth of SandForce Driven SSD installations in the Apple Mac community, and a native Mac-based firmware upgrade solution has been highly desired for this expanding market," said Jeremy Werner, Director of Marketing at SandForce. "This new firmware update solution by OWC will be well received by their users."
Most Comprehensive SSD Line For Macs And PCs
OWC's Mercury line of performance leading, world speed record breaking SSDs offers a model for nearly every Mac and PC produced over the past decade in capacities from 40GB to 480GB starting from $87.99. For more information, visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/
About Other World Computing (OWC)
Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988 and features one of the largest online catalogs of computer, iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad® enhancement products through its e-commerce portal http://www.macsales.com. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also provides extensive US based technical support for Macintosh users around the world as well as Internet access via http://www.fastermac.net and http://www.owc.net
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance