Hsinchu, Taiwan, August 30, 2011 - ASPEED Technology Inc., a fabless semiconductor company that specializes in SoC (system on chip) design, announced today that it received funding from Intel Capital, Intel's global investment organization. The funding will be used to expand ASPEED's research and development team and extend the company's marketing program for cloud computing solutions.
ASPEED's research and development of remote server management ICs enables a richer server system feature set, including the addition of an IPMI-complaint baseboard management controller (BMC) and iKVM functions. According to Gartner, the market for cloud computing will expand rapidly in the coming years, with cloud-computing server shipments forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.4% from 2011 to 2014. ASPEED hopes to capitalize on this growing demand for cloud computing to expand its business in the coming years.
"We are very pleased that our advanced IC design capability for cloud-computing server management was recognized by world-class investor Intel Capital. Over the past five years, cloud computing has become one of the most important IT trends, and we believe the potential of this technology is just beginning to be explored. Innovation is the wellspring of ASPEED's growth, and lies at the heart of all aspects of our business, from strategic planning, marketing and management," said Chris Lin, president of ASPEED Technology.
"Over the last 6 years, ASPEED has grown to become a leading provider of cutting-edge SoC system solutions for remote server management. With ASPEED's rich experience in server BMC implementation, the company's products enable sophisticated multimedia and management applications over the network," said Keith Larson, vice president, Intel Capital. "Driven by growing demand for cloud computing services and technology, ASPEED is well positioned for future growth."
About ASPEED Technology Inc.
ASPEED Technology Inc., a highly innovative fabless company founded in Nov. 2004, Hsinchu City, Taiwan, devotes itself to providing innovative SoC, reliable IPs and supporting software packages that enable sophisticated SoC-centric multimedia, graphics and network applications. ASPEED was chosen Deloitte Fast 500 in 2008, and received many awards such as Computex Best Choice Award. ASPEED innovative IC has been adapted by most of the first tier companies in Server management. For more detailed information, please visit ASPEED website at http://www.aspeedtech.com/
About Intel Capital
Intel Capital, Intel's global investment organization, makes equity investments in innovative technology start-ups and companies worldwide. Intel Capital invests in a broad range of companies offering hardware, software, and services targeting enterprise, home, mobility, health, consumer Internet, semiconductor manufacturing and cleantech. Since 1991, Intel Capital has invested more than US$10 billion in over 1,140 companies in 50 countries. In that timeframe, 191 portfolio companies have gone public on various exchanges around the world and 268 were acquired or participated in a merger. In 2010, Intel Capital invested US$327 million in 119 investments with approximately 44 percent of funds invested outside the United States and Canada. For more information on Intel Capital and its differentiated advantages, visit http://www.intelcapital.com.
Latest News Posts
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- Valve's retail presence involves GameStop, EB Games and Game UK
- Win a copy of BBC Earth's amazing 'Life Story' Blu-ray documentary
- This is what Half-Life 2 looks like when rendered in Unreal Engine 4
- Chromecast 2's CPU is 2.5 times faster than its predecessor's
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- USB 3.0 (or even 3.1) header availability for Armorsuit PC-P60?
- Project Core XD
- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ No video first boot
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs