Sharkoon presents the newest model to their successful X-Tatic headset series: The Sharkoon X-Tatic SR offers, through Dolby Headphone Technology, realistic Surround Sound on the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 gaming consoles, to include PC, Notebook and other audio sources.
The integrated Dolby Headphone Technology transforms "Dolby Digital 5.1" signals and, in conjunction with "Dolby Pro Logic II" Decoders, "Dolby Digital 2.0" signals into 5.1 speaker sound for stereo headphones. Thanks to authentic sounding localization while gaming, the player can approach their virtual opponents from all directions. High-quality 40mm speakers contribute to an intensive sound experience.
The extensive cable kit, including the Sound Control Unit equipped with analog and digital audio input, allows for a wide-array of connections and sound options. For gaming and music, two different modes are available with each selection containing different tones and effects. The gaming mode places the focus on rich, smooth bass sound, so that particular gaming effects are accurately reproduced. The music mode provides a balanced sound. Those who prefer listening to music with a classic stereo sound can easily turnoff the Dolby Headphone feature. A second headset can be attached via the 3.5mm audio jack on the controller box to include another to the listening pleasure.
Power is supplied to the Sharkoon X-Tatic SR from the Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC or Notebook via USB. With an optional USB power adapter the headset can also connect, via the 3.5mm stereo jack, to other audio sources, such as MP3/MVP-Player, DVD Players, smart phones, or Tablet PCs. The microphone is connected to the PlayStation 3 through the USB port, while connection to the Xbox and Xbox 360 occur through the 2.5mm jack on the console's controller. The headset supports the chat function of both manufacturers. The microphone includes a mute switch and a separate volume control. For pleasurable wearing comfort and flexible handling you will find a padded, adjustable headband and ear cups, a detachable and flexible microphone, and a four meter long headset cable. Its black design with red accents gives the Sharkoon X-Tatic SR, in addition to everything else, an exciting look.
The Sharkoon X-Tatic SR is available in North America on August 25th from the official Sharkoon retailer Amazon.com, and in Germany during the middle of September (CW 37). Price: MSRP 104.90 euros.
Latest News Posts
- MSI bundles super-fast Optane M.2 with motherboards
- Director hoping for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' 4K Blu-ray
- id Software: our next-gen engine has full Ryzen support
- Xiaomi could launch in the US in two years
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family