NComputing Slashes Computing Costs Again with New X-series
Sydney, Australia - December 2, 2008 - NComputing, the leading provider of ultra-low-cost computing appliances-with over 1 million seats already sold-today announced that it has further driven down the cost of computing with its new X550 desktop virtualization kit. Each X550 kit delivers a rich multimedia computing experience to an additional five users on one PC for a list price of only AUD$718.75 (excluding GST). With a second X550 kit, a total of eleven users can all share a single PC. Recognizing NComputing's revolutionary technology, the Consumer Electronics Show organization (CES) named the X550 an Innovations 2009 Design and Engineering Award honoree. The CES merit is the latest industry accolade NComputing has received, joining a list of awards from the Wall Street Journal, The Tech Museum of Innovation, Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, and Deloitte.
"Our mission has always been to slash the cost of computing. With the global economic crisis, the need has never been greater," said Stephen Dukker, CEO and chairman of NComputing. "Businesses, schools, factories, and governments worldwide are facing severe budget constraints and the X550 is the perfect solution because it delivers computing access to employees and students at a fraction of the cost of standalone PCs-and with the same performance. The X550 joins the highly successful X300, which supports up to seven users on one PC."
The NComputing solution is based on a simple fact: today's PCs are so powerful that the vast majority of applications only use a small fraction of the computer's capacity. NComputing technology creates multiple virtual desktops on a single PC so that many users can tap the unused capacity and share it as if each person had their own computer. Each X550 kit includes five NComputing XD2 access devices, a PCI plug-in card, and the award-winning vSpace virtualization software. Unlike other desktop virtualization solutions, the patented and highly-efficient X550 delivers rich multimedia and full-screen video.
"Our IT budget couldn't keep up with our need for PCs," said Joe Jenkins, IT Director for Natomas Unified School District. "With NComputing, the choice was easy-we saved on our upfront costs and saved even more on ongoing support and maintenance. We've been using the X300 and now we look forward to deploying the X550 for even better savings and performance."
In less than two years, NComputing has shipped more than one million seats, making it the largest provider of ultra-low-cost computing solutions. NComputing's simplicity and ease of use have contributed to rapid worldwide acceptance: anyone with basic PC skills can install an NComputing solution and the savings are immediate. Over 25,000 organizations in 100 countries have deployed NComputing to slash their computing costs and electric consumption. Each access device uses just one watt of electricity, compared to 110 for a stand-alone PC, making NComputing the greenest computing solution on earth.
Manufacturer: NComputing, Inc.
Product name: X550
Australia RRP: AUD$789
NZ RRP: NZ$1020
Product link and Photos: http://www.ncomputing.com/Products/X550ProductPage/tabid/362/language/en-US/Default.aspx
Australian Distributors: Ingram Micro Australia Pty Ltd
New Zealand Distributors: MPA New Zealand Ltd
About NComputing, Inc.
NComputing, Inc. was founded with the goal of making desktop computing affordable for everyone. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, NComputing is a privately held virtualization software and hardware company. The company's award-winning patented technology drastically lowers desktop computing costs, improves manageability, and reduces both energy consumption and e-waste. For more information, visit http://www.ncomputing.com
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog