SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - June 23, 2011 - Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) is delivering hard disk drive storage for the world's first handheld tablet computers with hard drives. The ARCHOS G9 8- and 10-inch tablets, announced today in Paris, feature the Seagate Momentus® Thin hard drive, a speedy notebook drive with a super-slim 7mm profile.
The performance and capacity of the Momentus Thin drive are the perfect complement for the cutting-edge speed of the ARCHOS G9 family of tablets that features the industry's fastest dual-core 1.5 GHz processor and, on the strength of the Momentus Thin drive, gives users 250GB of capacity, eight times more than a standard 32GB tablet but at the same cost, making the ARCHOS G9 one of the tablet industry's best cost-performance values.
Seagate Momentus Thin, the world's first ultra-thin 2.5-inch hard drive for ultra-portables including tablets and slim laptop PCs.
ARCHOS 80 G9, the 8-inch product, and ARCHOS 101 G9, the 10-inch model, are scheduled to be available in late September. Estimated MSRPs for the ARCHOS 80 G9 and ARCHOS 101 GB tablets are $279 and $349, respectively, compared to competitive tablets starting at $499. More information on the ARCHOS tablets is available at http://www.archos.com.
"Seagate continues to break new ground in the development of products and technologies that matter most to customers by delivering the Momentus® Thin drive for these powerful ARCHOS tablets," said Rocky Pimentel, Seagate Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. "The Momentus® Thin drive gives tablet buyers a compelling option, providing great storage capacity and performance that dovetail with the processing power of the new ARCHOS products for great Android and multimedia experiences."
The Seagate Momentus Thin hard drive is ideal for tablet computers and other ultra-portables, entry-level to high-performance laptop PCs, and slim consumer electronics devices. The world's first 2.5-inch hard drive with a 7mm profile features:
- Seagate SmartAlign technology to smooth the transition to 4K sectors without the need for software utilities
- 320GB, 250GB and 160GB capacities
- 7200RPM and 5400RPM spin speeds with 16MB of cache
- Optional: Government-grade encryption to protect computer data where it lives - on the hard drive - for powerful data security. (The Momentus Thin drive is FIPS 140-2 certified, delivering government-grade encryption, and conforms to the Trusted Computing Group Opal specification, developed to enable the ecosystem for self-encrypting drives and increase their adoption.)
The ARCHOS 80 and 101 G9 tablets featuring the Seagate Momentus Thin hard drive.
In another move into the tablet computing market, Seagate last month announced the GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device, the first battery-powered external hard drive to wirelessly extend the storage capacity of any Wi-Fi enabled mobile device including tablets. With 500GB and Wi-Fi access over 802.11 b/g/n and a rechargeable battery, the GoFlex Satellite device enables users of tablets and other ultra-portables to carry an entire library of video, music, pictures and documents.
Seagate is the worldwide leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at http://www.seagate.com .
Copyright 2011 Seagate Technology LLC. All rights reserved. Printed in USA. Seagate, Seagate Technology and the Wave logo are registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC in the United States and/or other countries. Momentus, SmartAlign and GoFlex Satellite are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or one of its affiliated companies in the United States and/or other countries. When referring to drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one thousand billion bytes. Your computer's operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and will not be available for data storage. Seagate reserves the right to change, without notice, product offerings or specifications.
Latest News Posts
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system