Mushkin, Inc., a global leader in high-performance computer products, today announced "Chronos", a new solid state drive series based on the SandForce SF-2281 processor. This series will be Mushkin's first utilizing the SATA Revision 3.0 protocol, providing 6 gigabits per second of bandwidth. The Chronos Series is comprised of two types of products: "Chronos" and "Chronos Deluxe". Chronos Deluxe SSDs utilize high-speed NAND flash memory and are ideal for enthusiasts or those in audio/video production who require the greatest possible bandwidth. Chronos SSDs offer asynchronous flash memory and provide users with eye-opening SSD speed and functionality at a value-oriented price.
"This new series of SSDs is the latest in Mushkin's long history of solid state storage products. This is an area in which we have made great strides and our Chronos SSD line will continue this tradition. Users who are ready for SATA 6 Gb/s now, or are planning to upgrade down the road, will not find a better drive in terms of performance and price." - Brian Flood, Mushkin director of product development.
SandForce, Inc., developer of the controller used in all Chronos SSDs, states the following: "SandForce is pleased that Mushkin has chosen to introduce their next generation SSDs with the latest SandForce SSD Processors," said Jeremy Werner, director of marketing at SandForce. "Their end customers will greatly benefit from the enhanced user experience with the breakthrough performance of the SF-2281 utilizing the new 6 Gbps SATA 3.0 interface."
The Chronos SSD series are blazing fast drives with up to 560MB/s read and 530MB/s write throughput. IOPS will measure up to an astounding 90,000 with 4K random write transfers. Reliability and maintenance features include the SandForce DuraWrite, RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements), Recycler (Garbage Collection), Intelligent Wear Leveling, Read Disturb technologies and Enhanced ECC using BCH and up to 55 bits per 512 byte sector. These additional SSD optimizations ensure that Chronos SSDs are the most comprehensive and reliable SSDs available.
Chronos Series SSDs cover the range of price and performance better than any previously released technology. With something to offer for both the most demanding applications as well as a high-performance value solution, Chronos SSDs help people get more from their computer.
Availability is expected later in June 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Save 58% on a Lifetime Subscription to Penzu Pro Digital Journal
- Realtek has produced a new onboard LAN chip aimed at gamers
- Meet the low-profile GELID Polar 1U air cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
Forum ActivityView More Forum Posts
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC