Bigfoot Networks, the technology company behind the Killer line of high-performance networking products, today at Computex announced that ASUS has expanded its line of Killer E2100-based motherboards with their new ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard.
The new ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboard supports AMD FX Series CPUs with up to 8-cores, DDR3 Memory with overclocking speeds up to 2133 MHz, multi-GPU technology for CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI, 8-ch HD, SupremeFX X-Fi 2 audio from Creative Labs and more. Powered by Bigfoot Networks' Killer E2100 networking platform and a host of other gaming-centric features, this AMD FX-based motherboard combines innovative design and technical intelligence to make the PC gaming experience more rewarding and accessible. This is the second motherboard offering from ASUS to incorporate Killer E2100 gaming network capabilities, preceded by the ROG Rampage III Black Edition.
The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt is among the first Killer E2100-based motherboards to ship with Bigfoot's new Advanced Stream Detect feature. Advanced Stream Detect automatically classifies all network traffic and prioritizes streams that are particularly sensitive to network performance and latency, such as HD video, online games, video and audio conferencing, voice chat and more. As a result, users can watch videos while downloading large files, send instant messages and play games simultaneously, or navigating the Web while video conferencing without all of the pausing and stuttering associated with slower, less intelligent networking solutions.
"We have seen a tremendous response to our ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard and ThunderBolt expansion module using the embedded Killer E2100 networking platform," said Kris Huang, product line manager, ASUS. "With the addition of Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology to the Killer E2100, we are excited to add this great new capability to our ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard and provide our customers the best online experience for all their online games, streaming video and audio."
"We are excited that Asus has added our Killer E2100 networking technology to their new line of AMD-based ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt Motherboards," said Michael Howse, CEO of Bigfoot Networks. "When industry innovators such as ASUS recognize the value of our exclusive technologies like Game Networking DNA and Advanced Stream Detect and offer it on multiple platforms, it reaffirms our passion for creating the fastest, most intelligent networking products for online games, HD video and real-time internet applications."
The ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt motherboard will be available for purchase at the end of June 2011. For more details on ASUS motherboards with embedded Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 technology, visit http://press.asus.com/computex2011/rog/. For more information on Bigfoot's Killer E2100 platform and supported products, visit http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/killer-e2100/.
Bigfoot Networks' Advanced Stream Detect technology is now available for all of its networking platforms including Killer E2100 embedded networking platforms (such as the ASUS ROG Rampage III Black Edition motherboard), Killer 2100 add-in cards as well as the Killer Wireless-N family of wireless networking adapters. Current Killer 2100 and Killer E2100 customers can obtain a free update to Advanced Stream Detect, by visiting bigfootnetworks.com/ASD.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni