OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today unveiled the Arowana Flash Translation Layer (FTL) from Indilinx. Supporting both existing and upcoming Indilinx controllers, this firmware subset dramatically improves performance and enterprise capabilities and enables SSD suppliers to deploy cost-effective 2xnm NAND flash memory.
"We are always driving to add more value for our clients, and the exciting new Arowana Flash Translation Layer delivers both major performance and feature-set enhancements," commented Daryl Lang, VP of Product Management at OCZ Technology Group. "Arowana not only boosts IOPS performance by up to 500%, but does so with the support of the industry's latest 2xnm flash technology, making Indilinx solutions now more competitive than ever."
The revolutionary new Arowana FTL enhances performance of Indilinx controllers with HyperQueuing, which significantly increases sequential write speeds and random IOPS over the previous generation FTL. In addition, Arowana's support of 2xnm flash provides SSD suppliers with the ability to offer end users a more attractive product with lower cost NAND components. The new Arowana FTL also maximizes the life of low endurance flash with INXtend Technology.
Arowana will continue to offer Indilinx's proprietary Ndurance Technology to extend the lifespan of flash devices with sophisticated wear-leveling algorithms, reduced write amplification, and advanced over provisioning. Furthermore, the new FTL supports TRIM along with superior idle time garbage collection that requires no operating system interfacing as well as the innovative Indilinx Wiper tool for non-TRIM systems.
Arowana will be made available immediately in new firmware updates to current Indilinx SSD controller customers as an upgrade package, and will be deployed in future Indilinx products.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20