PRO VS. GI JOE AND ACTIVISION SALUTE U.S. SERVICE MEMBERS
ABROAD WITH CALL OF DUTY®: WORLD AT WAR ONLINE MATCHES
Santa Monica, CA - Nov. 18, 2008 - Troops stationed overseas will test their skills today in one of this year's hottest new video games from Activision, Call of Duty®: World at War. Pro vs. GI Joe, the USO, and the Cleveland Browns are teaming up with Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) for a series of online matches featuring the newest installment of the blockbuster Call of Duty® series against numerous troops stationed at Camp Virginia in Kuwait. Participating troops will also link-up via webcam and members of their families will be on-hand to share in the moment. For more information on today's event, please visit http://www.provsgijoe.org.
Developed by Treyarch, Call of Duty: World at War is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore and is available now on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Windows® PC and the Nintendo® Wii. Call of Duty: World at War is also available for the Nintendo DS, developed by n-Space, the title is rated "T" (Teen) for Blood and Violence. For more information, please visit http://www.callofduty.com.
About PRO VS. GI JOE:
Pro vs. GI Joe is changing the way our military men and women are connecting to the home front. Pro vs. GI Joe is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that sets up real-time video game competitions between professional athletes in the states and troops stationed all over the world via the internet. Working with AirTran Airways, Pro vs. GI Joe transports the troops' families to the gaming venue so that they may reunite via web cam with their loved ones serving overseas. Founded in June 2007 and based in Fairfax, Va, Pro vs. GI Joe aims to boost the morale of our military men and women in truly unique and exciting ways. Pro vs. GI Joe is a charitable organization that relies on the generosity of the American people as well as businesses and corporations to support it's program. For more information, please visit http://www.provsgijoe.org or contact Addie Zinone Addie@prosvsgijoes.org.
The USO is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the troops by providing morale, welfare and recreation-type services to our men and women in uniform. The original intent of Congress - and enduring style of USO delivery - is to represent the American people by extending a touch of home to the military. The USO currently operates more than 130 centers worldwide, including ten mobile canteens located in the continental United States and overseas. Overseas centers are located in Germany, Italy, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Qatar, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Guam, and Kuwait. Service members and their families visit USO centers more than 5.3 million times each year. The USO is the way the American public supports the troops
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, http://www.activision.com.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience