3DMark Vantage Basic Edition Now Available As Free Download
3DMarkŪ Vantage Basic Edition Now Available As Free Download Update Adds Compatibility for All Display Resolutions
HELSINKI, FINLAND - MARCH 15, 2011 - FuturemarkŪ today released an update for 3DMarkŪ Vantage, the DirectX 10 benchmark for measuring PC gaming performance. The update brings 3DMark Vantage in line with the other Futuremark benchmarks 3DMark 11 for DirectX 11 and 3DMark06 for DirectX 9 by making the Basic Edition available to all as a free download. The Basic Edition allows an unlimited number of benchmark runs without registration or expiry. The update also adds display scaling enabling the benchmark to be used with a much wider range of DirectX 10 compatible notebooks, netbooks and desktop PCs.
3DMark Vantage version 1.1.0
- Trial Edition discontinued
- Basic Edition now free, was previously $6.95
- Added display scaling to all presets: benchmark now scales the output to best fit the display
- GPU physics acceleration is now disabled by default during the CPU tests
- Systeminfo component updated to version 4.0
- 3DMark Vantage Basic Edition, free download
- 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition, $19.95
- 3DMark Vantage Professional Edition, $995.00
Special offer available until 10:00 GMT March 21
- Existing Basic Edition owners can upgrade to the Advanced Edition for only $4.95
3DMark Vantage is a performance benchmark for DirectX 10 compatible gaming PCs. It includes two graphics tests, two CPU tests and, in the Advanced Edition, six additional feature tests. Since its release in April 2008 more than 2.8 million results have been submitted to Futuremark's searchable online database. The scores generated by 3DMark Vantage are unaffected by the update to version 1.1.0.
Become a fan of Futuremark on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
Further Reading: Read and find more Software press releases at our Software PR index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!