Toshiba Introduces The World's First Laptops With Three NVIDIA GPUs
GeForce 9400M GPU + Two GeForce 9800 GTS GPUs = No Compromises
SANTA CLARA, CA-NOVEMBER 6, 2008-When Toshiba set out to reset the bar for high performance gaming laptops and revamp its flagship gaming line, the company turned to NVIDIA for its expertise in visual computing. The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs. The Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q708 and X305-Q706, the first pair of laptops to incorporate three powerful NVIDIA GPUs, gives users a choice between maximum performance and quiet operation.
"We wanted to deliver an extreme-performance gaming machine that gives gamers a complete, non-compromising system in a laptop form factor," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, digital products division for Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "The combination of the NVIDIA GPUs and chipset allowed us to achieve a high level of performance, quality and flexibility that our customers are asking for, at a competitive starting price of $1,999."
The unique design featuring three NVIDIA GPUs enables the Qosmio X305-Q708 and X305-Q706 laptops to deliver scorching gaming performance by combining the horsepower of two discrete GeForce 9800M GTS GPUs with NVIDIA SLI® technology, and allows the option of switching to a quiet operation mode with NVIDIA Hybrid SLI technology. In Hybrid SLI operation, the powerful 9800M GTS GPUs are powered down and graphics operation is transferred to the GeForce 9400M GPU. As a result, Toshiba Qosmio laptops are able to deliver record-breaking gaming performance at high resolutions, while enabling a quiet state when powering other types of Windows Vista applications.
"The Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q708 is a world-class gaming laptop that uses NVIDIA graphics processors to solve real problems and add real value for notebook users," said Rene Haas, general manager of the notebook business unit at NVIDIA. "We were thrilled to be able to partner with Toshiba to deliver this ground-breaking new product."
The Qosmio X305-Q708 and X305-Q706 laptops are now available for purchase directly from Toshiba at http://www.toshibadirect.com.
This announcement for Toshiba continues the momentum for the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M high performance GPU with system core logic. For more information on the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M GPU go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400_mgpu_us.html. For information on NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS discrete GPUs go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_9800m_gts.html.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99