Boost Your Productivity with New VAIO S Series Notebooks
Power, design and mobility come together beautifully with the new VAIO S Series of 13.3" (33.7cm) slim notebook PCs from Sony. The slim, light VAIO S Series features a stylish new 'full flat' design that's crafted in magnesium with a wide aluminium palmrest for strength, lightness, usability and looks. There's also a cleverly concealed hinge mechanism that doesn't distract your view of what's on screen. Overall thickness shrinks to less than 24mm, while weight is a travel-friendly 1.75kg (approx.)
VAIO S Series introduces a smart new battery concept that lets you keep working day and night without a pause. The internal lithium polymer battery provides power for up to 7 hours on-the-go computing (in Stamina mode). It's partnered by a second thin, flat optional lithium polymer extended battery that can be charged separately from the PC and added without removing the internal battery. The second battery attaches without having to switch off the PC, boosting stamina to up to 14 hours if you're far from mains power.
Dynamic Hybrid Graphic System switches seamlessly between the integrated GPU and high-performance AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series card (with either 512MB or 1GB VRAM), according to the task at hand. Whether you're watching processor-intensive HD videos or just simple note-taking, you'll always enjoy the optimum balance between performance and battery stamina.
The 13.3" (33.7cm) VAIO Display Plus brings all your documents to life with excellent brightness, colour contrast, clarity and detail. The LCD's advanced low-reflection coating allows easy viewing in any lighting conditions, offering the optimum balance of suppressing reflections while maintaining clear images. With a resolution of 1366x768, the real wide aspect ratio display is perfectly proportioned for browsing dual web pages side by side.
The backlit isolation keyboard allows comfortable typing by day or night. There's also an ambient light sensor that automatically dims brightness of the high-quality VAIO Display to conserve power when the lights are low.
VAIO S Series is designed with day-to-day productivity firmly in mind. Fast Boot gets you up and running with 50% quicker than conventional notebook when loading of Genuine Windows® 7. It's a valuable time-saver if you're on a deadline or rushing for the airport. There's also a conveniently-placed WEB button that powers up your PC for Internet access in seconds. It's ideal for checking any last-minute e-mails while sitting in a cafe or departure lounge.
Available on selected models, embedded VAIO "everywair" 3G WWAN lets you connect on the move via your mobile broadband operator at up to 7.2 Mbps.
New VAIO S Series is available in a choice of black, white and silver finishes. There's an additional choice of exclusive pink and blue colour options available online from Sony.
Co-ordinated accessories include the BPSC24 external battery that's supplied with its own charging adapter. There's also a new flat-design port replicator that docks with VAIO S, allowing you to work while the attached BPSC24 battery charges.
The new VAIO S Series slim, ultra-mobile notebook PCs are available from March/ April 2011 depending on country.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE launches Blade MAX 3: Available in the US for $200
- Kingdom Hearts 3 may release in 2019
- Google Pixel 2 devices to feature Snapdragon 835
- Fisker to unveil their new electric car in August
- New Friday the 13th game slashes PC, consoles this May
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family