Thecus Announces N8800 Rackmount NAS Server - Unbeatable performance, security and capacity in a 2U form factor
11/05/2008 - The 1U4500 from Thecus shook the world of rackmount storage by bringing fast and affordable SATA storage to a 1U form factor. Today, Thecus is pleased to release its latest rackmount NAS device, the N8800. Offering massive storage capacity, advanced features, and blazingly-fast performance in a 2U unit, the N8800 is poised to be the favorite NAS device for IT departments everywhere.
The N8800 delivers the performance and capacity that businesses demand. Under the hood is an Intel® Celeron processor and 1GB of DDR2 memory for snappy performance, faster response, and more concurrent connections. Another highlight is the N8800's eight SATA hard disk bays, which enable up to 8 terabytes of storage. If more capacity is required, the N8800 is also stackable, enabling users to connect their unit with up to five additional N8800s and manage them via a master system. What's more, the N8800 supports iSCSI initiators, allowing IT departments to centrally manage and deploy storage for the entire network. To manage all of this capacity, the N8800 comes with a number of advanced data management features, including multiple RAID modes (RAID 0, 1, 5,6,10, and JBOD are supported), hot spare, hot swap, and auto-rebuild. And with its dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with load balancing and failover, users will always have access to their data.
Every organization is different. That's why the N8800 has been designed with flexibility in mind. The N8800 is fully compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Users can access data via a number of common protocols, including SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v3, or AFP. The N8800 even offers support for ext3 and ZFS file systems for enhanced compatibility with existing networks. The N8800 comes equipped with a plethora of useful features, including ISO mounting and support for web servers and MySQL. Connect IP cameras to the N8800 and it can even be used as a surveillance server. The N8800 also supports external modules that can extend the functionality of the N8800 even further.
The N8800 can be the IT manager's best friend. Automate backups with Thecus' proprietary Nsync remote data backup application, or take advantage of version control via a snapshot function using the ZFS file system to create and restore remote backups. The N8800 can be set up to send email notifications of any system abnormalities to the system administrator, including if the system is forced to use the redundant power supply. IT support is tough enough. Why not choose a storage system that tells you when something is amiss?
Thecus® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Wireless Media Bank products. The company was established in 2003 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and software and with a keen customer focus, Thecus® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4