AMD and ViVu Showcase Wireless HD Content Streaming Solution Powered by AMD Fusion APUs
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -2/16/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) and ViVu recently demonstrated for the first time a next-generation, high-definition (HD) content streaming solution powered by AMD technology. The demonstration, which first took place at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), featured 720p HD video streaming wirelessly from an AMD-powered notebook PC to a flat panel display and two tablet devices all at once without any additional hardware. The demonstrated technology is based on standards-compliant 802.11n wireless technology, the Adobe Flash Player and a prototype software solution from ViVu, a leader in desktop videoconferencing solutions.
"Consumers want to stream from their PCs onto their TVs but don't want to pay a huge premium to do so, nor do they want to choose between a growing number of conflicting ways to do it," said Rob Enderle, principal analyst for the Enderle Group. "ViVu turns virtually any AMD Fusion powered-PC into a potential low latency streaming device, and most of the current generation of smart TVs into receivers of this content without adding any additional hardware cost. As a result, ViVu successfully addresses both the need to stream a user's media to their smart TV and the requirement that it also be inexpensive and easy."
With settings that can be easily adjusted for a number of different devices (TVs, tablets, projectors) and content formats, including videos, presentations and documents, the ViVu solution is ideally suited to harness the power of AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) and AMD discrete GPUs for a variety of applications from home entertainment and gaming, to enterprise video collaboration and remote presentations.
"Leading-edge video applications, such as those developed by ViVu, are exactly the type of immersive experiences we designed AMD Fusion APUs to enable," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, AMD Fusion Experience Program. "Until now, streaming of HD telepresence-quality video was not possible without additional cables or hardware. We received an overwhelmingly positive response to our collaboration with ViVu at CES, and look forward to seeing this solution in market to the clear benefit of consumers and businesses alike in the near future."
"At ViVu, we fully realize the future of the computing market is becoming more visual and engaging, and delivering HD quality video to virtually any device from virtually anywhere is an incredibly important part of that," said Sudha Valluru, chief executive officer and founder, ViVu. "To meet the needs of this booming market, sophisticated hardware and software are required, which makes AMD the ideal technology partner for us. AMD Fusion APUs combine the best of CPU and GPU technology, and working together we are helping to deliver completely new and exciting experiences."
The ViVu wireless HD video streaming solution is expected to be available later in 2011.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20