MSI Releases Its First Sandy Bridge-Powered Notebook for North American Gaming Enthusiasts
GT680R combines performance with superior sound and vision, offering Turbo Drive Engine Technology, DirectX 11-ready NVIDIA graphics card, Dynaudio Premium Speakers and THX TruStudio Surround Sound
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - Jan. 26, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced the North American availability of the GT680R, its first gaming notebook available to consumers with the new 2nd Generation Intel® Core i7 Processor. With features focused on performance, sound and vision, the GT680R provides the perfect combination for people in need of the ultimate gaming and multimedia experience.
MSI has packed the GT680R with performance features including:
New 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 2630QM Processor: Debuted earlier this month at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, Intel's new energy-efficient processor consumes less power and delivers higher performance, which is optimized with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology. The processor also offers capabilities including media processing for faster video editing and HD video playback with next-generation picture quality.
MSI's Exclusive Turbo Drive Engine Technology: TDE's efficient, real-time data processing enhances system performance, specifically video decoding/encoding, gaming and design, which results in fast response time.
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M: The GT680R features NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX460M discrete graphics card with 1.5GB of GDDR5 memory, providing real-world visual quality and improved efficiency. Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 11 provides higher resolution so that small details such as facial features are recognizable, making games appear more realistic.
USB 3.0: The GT680R features two USB 3.0 ports, delivering data transfer that can reach rates of up to 4.8GB per second, 10 times the bandwidth of USB 2.0. MSI's own i-Charger technology provides three times the power to make charging CE devices even faster.
MSI Exclusive DDR3 SO-DIMM X 4 Slot Design: As more RAM provides higher processing speed, the GT680R has four pieces of SO-DIMM to provide the most economical means to upgrade memory capacity, supporting RAM storage up to 16GB.
Dual SATA HDD with RAID 0: The GT680R also comes with dual SATA HDD with RAID 0 support, to double storage for HD content as well as performance for HD content processing.
To provide a superior audio and visual experience, MSI has incorporated the following features into the GT680R:
Professional Sound Quality: The GT680R integrates THX TruStudio Pro wrap around sound to provide professional theater-grade audio. As a result, voices in movies are clearer, the sound and bass quality of speakers are enhanced, and abrupt volume changes appear smooth. In addition, MSI worked closely with renowned sound system designers at Dynaudio to determine ideal locations for speaker installation, resulting in obstruction-free sound transmission.
Precise Vision: The GT680R features a wide, cinema-class 16:9 ratio LED display to provide detailed and vivid images, and also features HDM1 1.4 so that any type of high-fidelity, high-definition video can be viewed via a cable on a LCD television screen.
The GT680R also features MSI's own Cinema Pro technology for optimal graphics. A touch of the Cinema Pro hotkey instantly kicks in the film mode for higher resolution and richer colors to maximize the cinematic experience.
The new GT680R has an MSRP of $1,649 and is available at Newegg.
For more information and product images, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?id=283.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller