ioSafe® Announces the Rugged Portable plus Data Recovery Service: The Ultimate Portable Hard Drive
The ioSafe® Rugged Portable is available providing an unprecedented combination of speed and physical security for mobile data.
AUBURN, Calif., January 05, 2011 -- ioSafe today announced the availability of the ioSafe Rugged Portable plus Data Recovery Service. The Rugged Portable is the latest addition to the award-winning ioSafe product line and provides unparalleled physical security for mobile data backed by the industry's best warranty and ioSafe's unique Data Recovery service which provides up to $5,000 towards the cost of third-party forensic data recovery services.
The Rugged Portable is available in aluminum HDD and SSD and titanium SSD versions. The HDD version is available in capacities between 250 GB and 1 TB while the titanium SSD version is available in capacities of 256 or 512 GB. All versions support USB 3.0 and are backwards compatible with USB 2.0. A FireWire version will be available in March 2011.
The Rugged Portable provides a wide range of physical security features including:
· Full Metal JacketTM Technology: CNC-machined from a solid billet, the aluminum enclosure is crush-resistant to 2,500 lbs. and the titanium alloy enclosure to 5,000 lbs.
· Full Suspension DriveTM Technology protects data during drops of up to 20' (SSD version) and 10' (HDD version) onto concrete per military standard 810G Method 516.5.
· HydroSafeTM Technology protects data during immersion up to 3 days in freshwater or saltwater to a depth of 10' (aluminum version) or 30' (SSD or titanium version) per IP68. The Rugged Portable continues to be water resistant even when connected via USB or FireWire.
· ChemSafeTM Technology protects data during periods of immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids and aircraft fuels to a 12" depth for 1 hour per military standard 810G Method 504.
· EnviroSafeTM Technology protects data from continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain for up to 24 hours per military standard 810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
· AltiSafeTM Technology enables operation at altitudes up to 15,000 ft. (aluminum version) and 30,000 feet (SSD and titanium versions) per military standards 810G Method 500.4.
· Theft resistant Kensington Lock® compatible slot.
"This drive will make sure your data reaches its destination safely," said ioSafe CEO Robb Moore. "Whether you need to protect important business data during your daily commute or protect photos during your family vacation, the Rugged Portable will do it. The drive will keep data safe from everyday knocks and bumps associated with travel as well as from moisture, chemicals and extreme environmental and weather conditions."
The Rugged Portable is backed by ioSafe's unique Data Recovery Service and by an industry leading No-Hassle warranty. Should a drive break for absolutely any reason while under warranty, ioSafe will repair or replace the drive and, if necessary cover up to $5,000 of the cost of third-party forensic recovery services. All Rugged Portable versions include 12 months warranty and Data Recovery Service which users can choose to extend to either 36 or 60 months. "It's a sign of our complete confidence in the product," said Moore.
Pricing and availability
With prices starting at $149.99 for the 250 GB aluminum HDD version, the ioSafe Rugged Portable will be available for pre-order from January 04, 2011 via the ioSafe website.
Like an aircraft black box for data, ioSafe provides rugged, fireproof, waterproof hardware and data recovery services as a cost-effective way for both businesses and consumers to protect critical and irreplaceable data. ioSafe is a privately held company with headquarters in Auburn, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.iosafe.com.
Latest News Posts
- Here's everything we know about Ghost Recon Wildlands
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles