Elpida Begins Sample Shipments of Industry's Smallest 2-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had begun sample shipments of its new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM (product names: EDJ2116DEBG and EDJ2108DEBG) geared for use in consumer electrical appliances. The new SDRAM is the industry's smallest 2-gigabit DDR3 that supports an x16-bit I/O interface.
The new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM is well suited to consumer electrical appliances. It meets the high-speed DDR3-1600 (1600Mbps) standard likely to become the mainstream memory speed standard in 2011, uses energy-efficient 1.35V for the DDR3L-1333 memory speed and is compliant with DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access) for upgrading the performance of consumer electrical appliances.
Compared with Elpida's existing x16-bit I/O products for use in consumer electrical appliances the new SDRAM uses 30% less current and its low 1.35V operating voltage increases its attractiveness as an eco-friendly DRAM.
DDR3-1600 high-speed access
1.35V operation for DDR3L specification
DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access)
Data output buffer can be set to low output (RZQ/5)
Digital TV, BD players, BD recorders, set top boxes and other consumer electrical appliances
Following sample shipments mass production is expected to get underway in the first quarter of CY 2011.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched