Elpida Begins Sample Shipments of Industry's Smallest 2-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had begun sample shipments of its new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM (product names: EDJ2116DEBG and EDJ2108DEBG) geared for use in consumer electrical appliances. The new SDRAM is the industry's smallest 2-gigabit DDR3 that supports an x16-bit I/O interface.
The new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM is well suited to consumer electrical appliances. It meets the high-speed DDR3-1600 (1600Mbps) standard likely to become the mainstream memory speed standard in 2011, uses energy-efficient 1.35V for the DDR3L-1333 memory speed and is compliant with DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access) for upgrading the performance of consumer electrical appliances.
Compared with Elpida's existing x16-bit I/O products for use in consumer electrical appliances the new SDRAM uses 30% less current and its low 1.35V operating voltage increases its attractiveness as an eco-friendly DRAM.
DDR3-1600 high-speed access
1.35V operation for DDR3L specification
DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access)
Data output buffer can be set to low output (RZQ/5)
Digital TV, BD players, BD recorders, set top boxes and other consumer electrical appliances
Following sample shipments mass production is expected to get underway in the first quarter of CY 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Toshiba announce 48-layer 128Gbit 3D NAND, samples begin shipping
- Amazon offers unlimited storage for $60 per year with Cloud Drive
- LG's G Watch Urbane with LTE will cost around $590, launches very soon
- Latest update to GTA V on Xbox One and PS4 gimps visuals
- Netflix 'Inspector Gadget' cartoon reboot gets a trailer
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Sentey Lumenata Pro Gamer Series Mouse Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi