Elpida Begins Sample Shipments of Industry's Smallest 2-Gigabit DDR3 SDRAM
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced that it had begun sample shipments of its new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM (product names: EDJ2116DEBG and EDJ2108DEBG) geared for use in consumer electrical appliances. The new SDRAM is the industry's smallest 2-gigabit DDR3 that supports an x16-bit I/O interface.
The new 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAM is well suited to consumer electrical appliances. It meets the high-speed DDR3-1600 (1600Mbps) standard likely to become the mainstream memory speed standard in 2011, uses energy-efficient 1.35V for the DDR3L-1333 memory speed and is compliant with DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access) for upgrading the performance of consumer electrical appliances.
Compared with Elpida's existing x16-bit I/O products for use in consumer electrical appliances the new SDRAM uses 30% less current and its low 1.35V operating voltage increases its attractiveness as an eco-friendly DRAM.
DDR3-1600 high-speed access
1.35V operation for DDR3L specification
DDR3-Plus (seamless BL4 access)
Data output buffer can be set to low output (RZQ/5)
Digital TV, BD players, BD recorders, set top boxes and other consumer electrical appliances
Following sample shipments mass production is expected to get underway in the first quarter of CY 2011.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar Games sues BBC over telemovie about being sued
- Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht asks judge for leniency, some freedom
- Google updates Chromecast app for Android and iOS
- Report: Charter close to dropping $55 billion for Time Warner Cable
- Working to create a driverless truck corridor from Mexico to Canada
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications