OCZ Technology to Deliver Optimized Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus Solid State Drives
OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, announces an exciting refresh of the renowned first generation Vertex and Colossus SSD Series. Called the Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus, the new SATA II solutions continue to implement the proven Indilinx technology while delivering significantly improved performance at their distinctively affordable price points.
OCZ continues to work diligently with the latest technology providers in flash storage with the goal of maintaining affordability for consumers that demand a faster, more responsive PC experience. Pricing and availability of the Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus series will be announced in the coming weeks.
"The original Vertex and Colossus series of Solid State Drives set the benchmark for performance and reliability, and quickly became top-selling solutions for customers seeking all the benefits of SSD technology over traditional rotational media both in mobile and desktop computing," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of OCZ Technology Group. "The new Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus further improve on already popular products by delivering higher performance with the latest NAND technology, and make SSDs even more accessible to customers with a lower cost per gigabyte."
In combination with the latest flash memory, the Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus are based on optimized firmware that boosts performance to new, competitive levels. Additionally, thanks to cost effective NAND and controller technology, the Vertex Plus and Colossus Plus offer lower cost per gigabyte configurations than competing drives on the market, making them excellent starting points into the world of SSDs.
Compared to its predecessor, Vertex Plus features higher sequential speeds along with improved 4KB random write IOPS, while offering excellent uncompressed data performance. Available in 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB capacities, the 2.5-inch Vertex Plus Series is an ideal upgrade option for system boot drives, RAID arrays, or as primary laptop storage at an ultra-attractive price point.
Likewise, the Colossus Plus features an internal RAID-0 design with new Indilinx technology that offers superior sequential speeds and over 20,000 4KB random write IOPS, offering incredible performance and instantaneous access compared to traditional hard drive storage. The Colossus will be offered with up to a 1TB (1024GB) of capacity in a 3.5-inch form factor that easily integrates into desktop systems.
Latest News Posts
- ViaSat teams with Boeing for 1Tbps satellites, launches in 2019
- In 8 hours, Windows 10 sends data to Microsoft IP addresses 5500 times
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance