Icy Box Announces IB-SAFE226 Enclosure for 2.5'' HDD/SSDs with 256-bit Encryption
Public authorities, tax accountants, CPAs, and hospitals - only a few examples for a realm where customer data are highly confidential. Particularly awkward is carrying such data e. g. on an external HDD. For users, who want to protect the data entrusted, here is a safe, practical as well as reasonably priced solution.
In the new ICY BOX IB-SAFE226, an external enclosure, an AES-256 encryption protects the data on the 2.5" SATA HDD. The user needs a physical key and the enclosure with its special chipset. To decrypt the HDD he needs the same key and an appropriate enclosure. Without the key: nothing. So you better do not keep the key too close to the enclosure.
Each key is individual. Only two of each are made. Combined with the chipset of the IB-SAFE226, it blocks the starter in the cache of the HDD. So you can leave the HDD unwatched for a moment. It only has be encrypted.
As the hardware is encrypted, the speed of the data transfer is unaffected. AES-256 means Advnaced Encryption Standard. The algorithm has a block size of 128 bits and a key length of 256 bits. AE-256 is approved by the US government for "top secret" information.
What is helpful for professional users is also useful in the private area. Eventually it's all about privacy. The recommended retail price of euro 49.00 including tax is close to nothing compared to the priceless value of some data.
External enclosure for one 2.5" SATA HDD
AES-256-Bit real-time hardware encryption
highest US government "top secret" standard of data security
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand