Icy Box Announces IB-SAFE226 Enclosure for 2.5'' HDD/SSDs with 256-bit Encryption
Public authorities, tax accountants, CPAs, and hospitals - only a few examples for a realm where customer data are highly confidential. Particularly awkward is carrying such data e. g. on an external HDD. For users, who want to protect the data entrusted, here is a safe, practical as well as reasonably priced solution.
In the new ICY BOX IB-SAFE226, an external enclosure, an AES-256 encryption protects the data on the 2.5" SATA HDD. The user needs a physical key and the enclosure with its special chipset. To decrypt the HDD he needs the same key and an appropriate enclosure. Without the key: nothing. So you better do not keep the key too close to the enclosure.
Each key is individual. Only two of each are made. Combined with the chipset of the IB-SAFE226, it blocks the starter in the cache of the HDD. So you can leave the HDD unwatched for a moment. It only has be encrypted.
As the hardware is encrypted, the speed of the data transfer is unaffected. AES-256 means Advnaced Encryption Standard. The algorithm has a block size of 128 bits and a key length of 256 bits. AE-256 is approved by the US government for "top secret" information.
What is helpful for professional users is also useful in the private area. Eventually it's all about privacy. The recommended retail price of euro 49.00 including tax is close to nothing compared to the priceless value of some data.
External enclosure for one 2.5" SATA HDD
AES-256-Bit real-time hardware encryption
highest US government "top secret" standard of data security
Latest News Posts
- Is this the most cute watercooling component you've ever seen?
- Aussie telco Telstra signs up Ikea and 7-11 owners in cloud deal
- Facebook fugitive troll finds himself in prison
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for May 5, 2015
- See Samuel L. Jackson kick ass as POTUS in 'Big Game'
- Asrock Extreme3 x99 / Xonar DX Soundcard Problem
- Noontec Zoro II HD Foldable Headphones Review
- AC Power
- MSI X99S-MPower (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 - F5c BIOS
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams