PatriotĀ® Launches Viper Xtreme Family of High-Performance DDR3 Modules
Copper and Aluminum Heat Shield Provides 5% More Efficient Cooling
Fremont, California, USA, October 19, 2010- Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products, today expanded their lineup of DDR3 memory solutions with the launch of its new Viper Xtreme Series Extreme Performance DDR3 memory. The Viper Xtreme series of products utilize a custom developed aluminum and copper heat shield to achieve improved cooling and stability.
Patriot Viper Xtreme series modules have a custom designed heatshield with a copper insert across the DRAM chips and a slim profile extruded anodized aluminum outer piece. This unique design offers enhanced thermal performance resulting in a 5% improvement in heat dissipation over aluminum based heatshields. Viper Xtreme modules pass a thorough qualification and screening process on multiple high-performance motherboards to ensure performance and reliability for overclocking. These modules are targeted and designed specifically for performance enthusiasts and overclockers looking for an edge in benchmark efforts and to push the boundaries of computing performance.
"Patriot has been offering some of the fastest performance memory solutions in the world, and our Viper Xtreme series delivers a high-end solution with a custom heatshield built around a copper core to offer better cooling", says Les Henry, Patriot's VP of Engineering. "Our in-house engineering expertise and knowledge of the enthusiast market has helped us push the boundaries and set the standard for DDR3 memory solutions. With Viper Xtreme series modules showcase our expertise in developing and delivering performance solutions for the enthusiast market."
The Patriot Viper Xtreme series of products are launching today with the immediate availability of dual-channel 4GB and 8GB 2000MHz (PC3-16000) kits designed for IntelĀ® P55 platforms. Additional speeds and capacities will follow and include tri-channel kits for use with IntelĀ® X58 platform based systems. Viper Xtreme Series kits are geared as the ultimate upgrade for enthusiasts looking to reach new heights in performance and benchmarking. Each module is individually hand tested and qualified in the Patriot lab at our headquarters in Fremont, CA. Using the new Viper Xtreme heatshields built with an extruded aircraft-grade aluminum heat spreader and an inner copper strip (6 grams per module), these modules quickly dissipate heat from the memory ICs resulting in improved stability and reliability during extreme overclocking conditions. Engineers in our labs have demonstrated a 5% improvement in thermal dissipation over aluminum only heatsheild designs.
For more information on the Patriot Xtreme Series of DDR3 modules. please visit the product page here.
For the product image embedded above, please visit the following link here.
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors. It has operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory's parent company, PDP Systems, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology