Toshiba Announces Smart and Affordable Satellite C660 and Satellite Pro C660
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today announced the Satellite C660. The new laptop is ideal for users looking for a machine with adequate computing performance to handle their everyday computing needs - e.g. e-mailing, web-browsing, standard office applications and basic multimedia entertainment - in a really affordable package. Toshiba also unveiled the new Satellite Pro C660 that is targeted at professional users. Both, the Satellite C660 and the Satellite Pro C660 will be available early in the fourth quarter of 2010 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Large storage capacity to keep pace with today's digital lifestyle
The 39.6 cm (15.6") Satellite C660 features a textured black finish that isn't prone to fingerprints or scratches and a colour variation for the LCD cover in textured Steel Gray Metallic Light. The laptop has all the essentials users need for their everyday computing tasks. It features powerful processors from Intel and AMD, latest integrated graphic cards and up to 8 GB RAM which allow for convenient and smooth multitasking. The laptop comes with a large hard drive capacity of up to 640 GB to store plenty of documents, photos, music and videos The integrated 10-digit numeric keypad and a Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control provide high usability.
Flexibility in communication and content sharing
The Satellite C660 is equipped with a selection of interfaces including two USB 2.0 ports, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth as option, Fast Ethernet LAN and a Multi-Card Reader. Two stereo speakers provide for a rich sound experience. Thanks to the embedded Web Camera* with microphone, face-to-face video chats are easily set up.
Ready to start right away
Users can benefit from the laptop's pre-installed software set including tools like Microsoft Office Starter 2010 that offers basic office productivity and Nero 9 Essentials to rip, burn and copy files. The Satellite C660 also features Toshiba's exclusive value-added software tools like the Toshiba Media Controller that makes content streaming to DLNA capable devices easy. The graphical user interface of Toshiba LifeSpace helps users to organize their daily activities and projects.
Satellite Pro C660: Working on a tight budget
The Satellite Pro C660 is mainly targeted at professionals. While offering nearly the same technical feature set as the consumer models the black textured Satellite Pro C660 comes also with a non-reflective 39.6 cm (15.6") display and runs Windows 7 Professional.
CPU: Intel Core i3, Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, AMD Athlon II Dual Core, AMD V series
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit) or Premium (64-bit) on Satellite C660, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional on Satellite Pro C660
RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
2.5" HDD (5,400 rpm) up to 640 GB
39.6cm (15.6") TruBrite LED HD display (16:9), 1,366 x 768 pixels, 200 cd/m2; Satellite Pro C660 also available with non-reflective display
GPU: latest integrated graphics
2 x USB 2.0, Multi-Card Reader, Fast Ethernet
WLAN (802.11 b/g/n)*, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR*
10-digit numeric keypad, Touch Pad with Multi-Touch Control
Starting at 2.54 kg
Dimensions: 380.5 mm x 254 mm x 28.0 mm (front) / 35.6 mm (back)
DVD-Super Multi drive (Double Layer)
Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba LifeSpace
VGA Web Camera* with Face Recognition*, microphone
* depending on configuration and local availability
Latest News Posts
- Solar-powered drone Google wants to use crashes during test flight
- The robot cheetah from MIT can now run and jump over objects
- Xiaomi wants to jump into the US market, but no big risks being taken
- Carbine Studios switches things up, makes Wildstar MMO free-to-play
- Lawmakers want automakers to answer questions about connected security
- Thermaltake Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PC starts by turning off USB HD
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- EVGA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-X Hybrid
- QNAP Announces the AMD-powered TS-563 NAS
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award