Toshiba Announces New Qosmio X500 Performance Notebook
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its award-winning Qosmio X500 Series laptops is getting a graphics performance boost from the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M graphics processor with 1.5 GB of discrete graphics memory. The high-performance Qosmio X500 Series laptops deliver elite mobile performance and high-end features for demanding tasks - games, media creation and HD entertainment - for an affordable price, starting at $1,299.99 MSRP.
"The Qosmio brand is about bringing the extreme performance gamers and HD content creators crave without the extreme price," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "With the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M GPU, consumers can now take advantage of a sophisticated graphics engine optimized for the newest and most demanding DirectX 11 games. The Qosmio X500 delivers an enthusiast-class package equipped with everything needed to fully enjoy and create high-definition content."
Qosmio X500 Series laptops feature Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor options with Turbo Boost technology. A stunning 18.4-inch diagonal HD TruBrite widescreen display4 delivers plenty of screen real-estate for multi-tasking and multimedia enjoyment, while the premium sound system of Harman-Kardon speakers and Dolby Home Theater audio technology delivers rich 5.1 surround sound.
Additional features include LED backlit keyboard and Blu-ray Disc player options, speedy dual-configuration 7200 rpm HDD and solid state drive options, DDR3 memory configurations expandable up to 8 GB, plus a host of ports, including three USB 2.0 ports, one eSATA/USB Combo port with Sleep and Charge, ExpressCard, IEEE 1394 and a 5-in-1 media card reader.
The laptops also feature Toshiba's exclusive package of convenience-driven smart applications and features, including Resolution DVD upconvert technology, eco Utility, ReelTime, Toshiba Media Controller and Bulletin Board.
Pricing and Availability
The Qosmio X500 Series starts at $1,299.99 MSRP and will be available on Sept. 26, 2010.
Latest News Posts
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce teased with 'Order of 10' mystery
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched