Viking Modular Solutions Unveils First Solid State Drive in DIMM Form-Factor
Viking Modular Solutions, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and leading manufacturer of innovative DRAM modules and flash solutions, today announced that its SATADIMM is available for immediate customer qualification. SATADIMM is the first of its kind - an Enterprise Class SATA II Solid State Drive (SSD) in an industry-standard DDR3 240-pin DIMM form factor - that is available to the mass market. This technology allows users to significantly increase the capacity and storage performance of their existing server, storage or cloud computing solutions. It also allows systems designers new options and greater flexibility when creating new server design.
The SATADIMM offers a high performance and high availability solid state drive in the DDR3 240-pin DIMM form-factor (JEDEC MO-269). By adding SATA to an existing DDR3 DIMM socket, Viking Modular has delivered the performance and power savings desired from an SSD at a fraction of the space required to house a typical 2.5" SSD. This cost-effective solution provides dramatically increased capacity and performance.
"Viking Modular is the first to deliver a ground breaking, flexible and efficient method of enabling SSD integration into standard server & storage appliances," said Adrian Proctor, Vice President of Marketing at Viking Modular. "It can breathe new life into maxed out systems with the high performance and low power consumption of SSD technology. Furthermore, it opens up the possibility for new design, no longer constrained by standard hard drive space requirements."
Features of the SATADIMM include best-in-class sequential and random performance (30,000 IOPS), intelligent write management techniques for optimized endurance and protection against catastrophic flash failures, and power fail data protection enabled by super capacitor integration on the DIMM. SATADIMM is available in 50GB, 100GB or 200GB capacities.
For current server storage appliances, the SATADIMM has been designed to take advantage of any available 240-pin DDR3 DIMM socket. The SATADIMM SSD derives its power from the 1.5V supply to the DIMM socket and data transfer is enabled by using a standard SATA cable. For new designs, system architects will appreciate that the SATA data signals can be routed directly to the socket, thus eliminating the need for any cables.
Sanmina-SCI will provide its world-class, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities for this new SATADIMM product.
Latest News Posts
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse