Viking Modular Solutions Unveils First Solid State Drive in DIMM Form-Factor
Viking Modular Solutions, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and leading manufacturer of innovative DRAM modules and flash solutions, today announced that its SATADIMM is available for immediate customer qualification. SATADIMM is the first of its kind - an Enterprise Class SATA II Solid State Drive (SSD) in an industry-standard DDR3 240-pin DIMM form factor - that is available to the mass market. This technology allows users to significantly increase the capacity and storage performance of their existing server, storage or cloud computing solutions. It also allows systems designers new options and greater flexibility when creating new server design.
The SATADIMM offers a high performance and high availability solid state drive in the DDR3 240-pin DIMM form-factor (JEDEC MO-269). By adding SATA to an existing DDR3 DIMM socket, Viking Modular has delivered the performance and power savings desired from an SSD at a fraction of the space required to house a typical 2.5" SSD. This cost-effective solution provides dramatically increased capacity and performance.
"Viking Modular is the first to deliver a ground breaking, flexible and efficient method of enabling SSD integration into standard server & storage appliances," said Adrian Proctor, Vice President of Marketing at Viking Modular. "It can breathe new life into maxed out systems with the high performance and low power consumption of SSD technology. Furthermore, it opens up the possibility for new design, no longer constrained by standard hard drive space requirements."
Features of the SATADIMM include best-in-class sequential and random performance (30,000 IOPS), intelligent write management techniques for optimized endurance and protection against catastrophic flash failures, and power fail data protection enabled by super capacitor integration on the DIMM. SATADIMM is available in 50GB, 100GB or 200GB capacities.
For current server storage appliances, the SATADIMM has been designed to take advantage of any available 240-pin DDR3 DIMM socket. The SATADIMM SSD derives its power from the 1.5V supply to the DIMM socket and data transfer is enabled by using a standard SATA cable. For new designs, system architects will appreciate that the SATA data signals can be routed directly to the socket, thus eliminating the need for any cables.
Sanmina-SCI will provide its world-class, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities for this new SATADIMM product.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Cassini's image shows tiny Earth between Saturn's rings
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops