Viking Modular Solutions Unveils First Solid State Drive in DIMM Form-Factor
Viking Modular Solutions, a division of Sanmina-SCI Corporation, and leading manufacturer of innovative DRAM modules and flash solutions, today announced that its SATADIMM is available for immediate customer qualification. SATADIMM is the first of its kind - an Enterprise Class SATA II Solid State Drive (SSD) in an industry-standard DDR3 240-pin DIMM form factor - that is available to the mass market. This technology allows users to significantly increase the capacity and storage performance of their existing server, storage or cloud computing solutions. It also allows systems designers new options and greater flexibility when creating new server design.
The SATADIMM offers a high performance and high availability solid state drive in the DDR3 240-pin DIMM form-factor (JEDEC MO-269). By adding SATA to an existing DDR3 DIMM socket, Viking Modular has delivered the performance and power savings desired from an SSD at a fraction of the space required to house a typical 2.5" SSD. This cost-effective solution provides dramatically increased capacity and performance.
"Viking Modular is the first to deliver a ground breaking, flexible and efficient method of enabling SSD integration into standard server & storage appliances," said Adrian Proctor, Vice President of Marketing at Viking Modular. "It can breathe new life into maxed out systems with the high performance and low power consumption of SSD technology. Furthermore, it opens up the possibility for new design, no longer constrained by standard hard drive space requirements."
Features of the SATADIMM include best-in-class sequential and random performance (30,000 IOPS), intelligent write management techniques for optimized endurance and protection against catastrophic flash failures, and power fail data protection enabled by super capacitor integration on the DIMM. SATADIMM is available in 50GB, 100GB or 200GB capacities.
For current server storage appliances, the SATADIMM has been designed to take advantage of any available 240-pin DDR3 DIMM socket. The SATADIMM SSD derives its power from the 1.5V supply to the DIMM socket and data transfer is enabled by using a standard SATA cable. For new designs, system architects will appreciate that the SATA data signals can be routed directly to the socket, thus eliminating the need for any cables.
Sanmina-SCI will provide its world-class, end-to-end manufacturing capabilities for this new SATADIMM product.
Latest News Posts
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- AMD: GPUOpen could be used for smartphone, tablet graphics
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform