Opera Chief Standards Officer to address keynote at COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010
HTML5 - more web for more people
Taipei, Taiwan - August 13, 2010 - Open web and mobile technologies are two hot topics among the open-source developer community in Taiwan this year. Opera Chief Standards Officer, Charles McCathieNevile, will deliver the keynote presentation, titled "HTML5- more Web for more people" at this year's COSCUP / GNOME.Asia, the largest annual free and open source software conference, organized by the local communities. This year, the conference will be jointly held with the GNOME.Asia Summit on August 14-15, bringing the exciting development of open web and mobile technologies and the GNOME desktop environment, as well as how they leverage the world-leading hardware industry in Taiwan. More than 800 people are expected to attend the conference this year.
In the keynote address, Charles McCathieNevile will discuss the development of HTML5 and other web standards. He will talk about how these web standards are developed and what new possibilities they offer to web developers, and application developers in general. He will also look at how the open web stack based around HTML can be used to improve users' experience of applications by making them accessible to all kinds of people with all kinds of technologies. In addition, Opera Web Evangelist Zi Bin Cheah will also speak on the HTML5 & Web Technology track at the conference on the topic, "Tips and tricks of CSS3 for web Designers" on Saturday, August 14 at 11:30 a.m.
"Opera believes in open standards, a patent-free Web and unlimited accessibility. Open web standards can deliver a great experience today, even on mobile connected devices," said McCathieNevile. "I'm excited to present HTML5 and connect with designers and developers in Asia."
As part of our commitment to web standards, Opera will host a seminar with the Taipei Open Source Software User Group at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 17, 2010. The seminar will be focused on HTML5, CSS3, DOM and emerging standards in the area of web development. Speaking at the event will be Opera Chief Standards Officer, Charles McCathieNevile and Opera Web Evangelist Zi Bin Cheah. See here for registration detail: http://registrano.com/events/70c495
About Opera and HTML5
HTML 5 is the next generation of HTML language, currently in working draft form; it aims to improve on the semantics of HTML 4, get rid of some of its ambiguities and provide a better language for creating modern applications. Opera has started the HTML5 movement and supported it in its browser products. In 2007, Opera proposed the standard element as part of HTML5, and it made its official Opera debut in Opera 10.50. The latest version of the Opera desktop browser, Opera 10.60, is the first desktop browser to support the WebM video format. Along with WebM support, Opera 10.60 also comes with HTML5 Appcache and Web Workers. The former offers developers the ability to display different content in offline mode while the latter offers multi-tasking ability.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook