Opera Chief Standards Officer to address keynote at COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010
HTML5 - more web for more people
Taipei, Taiwan - August 13, 2010 - Open web and mobile technologies are two hot topics among the open-source developer community in Taiwan this year. Opera Chief Standards Officer, Charles McCathieNevile, will deliver the keynote presentation, titled "HTML5- more Web for more people" at this year's COSCUP / GNOME.Asia, the largest annual free and open source software conference, organized by the local communities. This year, the conference will be jointly held with the GNOME.Asia Summit on August 14-15, bringing the exciting development of open web and mobile technologies and the GNOME desktop environment, as well as how they leverage the world-leading hardware industry in Taiwan. More than 800 people are expected to attend the conference this year.
In the keynote address, Charles McCathieNevile will discuss the development of HTML5 and other web standards. He will talk about how these web standards are developed and what new possibilities they offer to web developers, and application developers in general. He will also look at how the open web stack based around HTML can be used to improve users' experience of applications by making them accessible to all kinds of people with all kinds of technologies. In addition, Opera Web Evangelist Zi Bin Cheah will also speak on the HTML5 & Web Technology track at the conference on the topic, "Tips and tricks of CSS3 for web Designers" on Saturday, August 14 at 11:30 a.m.
"Opera believes in open standards, a patent-free Web and unlimited accessibility. Open web standards can deliver a great experience today, even on mobile connected devices," said McCathieNevile. "I'm excited to present HTML5 and connect with designers and developers in Asia."
As part of our commitment to web standards, Opera will host a seminar with the Taipei Open Source Software User Group at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 17, 2010. The seminar will be focused on HTML5, CSS3, DOM and emerging standards in the area of web development. Speaking at the event will be Opera Chief Standards Officer, Charles McCathieNevile and Opera Web Evangelist Zi Bin Cheah. See here for registration detail: http://registrano.com/events/70c495
About Opera and HTML5
HTML 5 is the next generation of HTML language, currently in working draft form; it aims to improve on the semantics of HTML 4, get rid of some of its ambiguities and provide a better language for creating modern applications. Opera has started the HTML5 movement and supported it in its browser products. In 2007, Opera proposed the standard element as part of HTML5, and it made its official Opera debut in Opera 10.50. The latest version of the Opera desktop browser, Opera 10.60, is the first desktop browser to support the WebM video format. Along with WebM support, Opera 10.60 also comes with HTML5 Appcache and Web Workers. The former offers developers the ability to display different content in offline mode while the latter offers multi-tasking ability.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio