Opera Nalakuvara, community-made Opera browser, caters to the needs of Taiwanese Internet users
A browser with unlimited possibilities
Taipei, Taiwan - 13 August 2010 - One of the great features of Opera desktop browser is customization. Opera Nalakuvara, an Opera browser made by the Taiwanese community, today received official recognition from Opera Software.. This is the first Opera browser designed especially for Taiwanese Internet users and there are currently nine packages available for various operating systems including Windows, Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, and generic Linux), and FreeBSD. Download it from http://jedi.org/opera/download.html
Opera Nalakuvara provides many thoughtful features that cater to the needs of Taiwan's Internet users for web browsing. It not only tweaks Opera's default settings, but also revolves around the third party components and menus of Opera Nalakuvara, including connecting to BBS sites via the telnet:// protocol within the browser. Also, Opera Nalakuvara has replaced the default Hotclick searches with popular, local web dictionary services such as Yahoo! Taiwan Dictionary and Merriam-Webster OnLine dictionary. For the ease of reading in either traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese, Opera Nalakuvara offers a hot button that can easily convert Simplified Chinese characters within a web page to Traditional Chinese characters, or vice versa.
"People have their preferred ways of browsing the Web. Opera's options and ability for deep modification gives the flexibility users need," says Jan Standal, VP Desktop Products, Opera Software. "We are impressed by Opera Nalakuvara. The effort of the Opera Taiwanese community to create such a quality product underscores their initiative and proves the unlimited possibilities of the Opera browser."
"There are many customized Opera versions around the world. It comes as no surprise that users from Taiwan have similar, yet different needs," says Jedi Lin the creator of the Opera Nalakuvara project. "This is why we began the Opera Nalakuvara project. I hope this version can not only make browsing the Web more convenient for all Taiwanese web users, but also attract more users to create their own Opera."
Opera Nalakuvara was first released in September 2009 and attracted more than 5,000 downloads in the first two weeks. Now Opera Nalakuvara has been updated to Opera 10.60. The customization is also well documented in the Chinese and English versions. For more detailed information, please visit the project website at http://jedi.org/opera/buildingoperanalakuvara.html
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer