Lexar Media Unveils Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 Memory for Enthusiasts and Gamers
Introducing the World's First DDR3 Memory Modules Featuring Activity-indicating LEDs
Fremont, CA, and Glasgow, UK, 7 October, 2008 -- Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced immediate availability of Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333MHz) high-performance, low-latency memory modules. These modules are the world's first high-performance DDR3 memory modules to incorporate activity-indicating Light-Emitting Diodes (LED).
Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 memory modules are specifically built for performance enthusiasts, case modders and do-it-yourself users who want to push the performance envelope while showing off their components in today's popular modified or windowed systems. The LEDs on the new Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 modules are illuminated in a random pattern based on memory activity, highlighting the system memory and allowing users to visually see how intensely the memory is working. These new modules feature a black printed circuit board (PCB) and black integrated heat spreaders, as well as LEDs spread across the entire length of the top edge of the module. Additionally, eight blue ground-effects LEDs emit a constant glow near the motherboard memory sockets.
"Our Crucial Ballistix Tracer modules deliver cutting edge, solid performance while adding a touch of style to any gaming or enthusiast system," said Jeremy Mortenson, Lexar Media's senior DRAM product marketing manager. "Enthusiasts are going to love our killer new lighting effects scheme that adds more LED placements along the memory module for an even more impressive-and functional-design."
Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 memory modules are available in 1GB and 2GB modules, or 2GB and 4GB kits. For more information about the entire line of Crucial Ballistix high-performance memory modules, visit http://www.crucial.com/ballistix, http://www.crucial.com/uk/ballistix or http://www.crucial.com/eu/ballistix.
Lexar Media is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of NAND flash and DRAM memory products under the Lexar and Crucial brand names. Lexar offers products in all major flash and DRAM memory categories, including: consumer and enterprise-level USB flash drives, industry-leading memory cards for photography, and all popular form factors of memory cards for mobile devices. For computers, Lexar also offers a full range of DRAM computer memory upgrades for PCs and Mac® systems, and solid state drives (SSD). An industry leader in innovative, patented flash memory technology, Lexar is vertically integrated with Micron Technology, one of the largest semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.
For more information about Lexar, visit http://www.lexar.com. For more information about Crucial products, visit http://www.crucial.com, http://www.crucial.com/uk or http://www.crucial.com/eu. Lexar Media, Inc. is a subsidiary of Micron Technology, Inc. Lexar Media is a division of Micron Europe Limited, a division of Micron Semiconductor Asia Pte. Ltd., and a division of Micron Japan, Ltd.
About Micron Technology, Inc
Micron Technology, Inc., is one of the world's leading providers of advanced semiconductor solutions. Through its worldwide operations, Micron manufactures and markets DRAMs, NAND flash memory, CMOS image sensors, other semiconductor components, and memory modules for use in leading-edge computing, consumer, networking and mobile products. Micron's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit http://www.micron.com.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus, no really
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Rocket League's second season kicks off with a bang
- Quantum Break not an Xbox One Exclusive, coming to PC on April 5th
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance