Have Tunes, Will Travel: Logitech Unveils Rechargeable Speaker Dock for the iPod
Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i Delivers Bold Sound for iPod or iPhone, 8-Hour Battery Life
FREMONT, Calif. - Aug. 4, 2010 - Today, Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) unveiled the Logitech® Rechargeable Speaker S715i, a portable speaker dock for iPod and iPhone that delivers bold sound you can carry around. Featuring eight custom-designed speaker drivers and an eight-hour rechargeable battery, the newest Logitech speaker looks like a beauty and sounds like a beast.
"With this system, we set out to deliver our next generation in sound quality for a speaker dock for the iPod," said Mark Schneider, vice president and general manager of Logitech's audio business unit. "The new Rechargeable Speaker S715i offers eight drivers - twice that of our previous speaker docks - and includes a rechargeable battery so you can take your tunes with you. So go ahead, lose yourself in your music - and never worry about disposable batteries again."
To bring your music to life, the Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i delivers crisp audio thanks to two three-inch laser-tuned neodymium drivers for a rich mid range, two half-inch neodymium tweeters for crisp high notes and four two-inch passive radiators for deep bass. The result is rich, balanced audio in a compact design for iPod and iPhone.
The Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i comes with a wireless remote control to give you command over functions such as power, volume, play, pause, shuffle, skip and repeat from up to 30 feet (10 meters) away. For your convenience, you can take the dock with you in the included travel case that also has space for the power adapter and remote.
You know that the Logitech S715i will work with your iPod or iPhone since the speaker is certified through the Made for iPod and iPhone programs. In addition, the speaker's innovative dock design works with any iPhone or iPod with a Universal Dock Connector - no trays necessary.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in August for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.).
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance