-- GIGABYTE Announces Winners of Pentium G6950 OC Challenge on HWBOT --
-- over@locker886 Takes Top Score for all 4 Benchmarks --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - July 09, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly announced that over@locker886 from Hungary was the winner of the Pentium G6950 OC Challenge hosted by HWBOT, scoring a total of 40 points by reaching the top spot in 4 different benchmark categories using a GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD7 motherboard.
Overclocking a mainstream Pentium G6950 processor requires a special set of overclocking skills, so GIGABYTE wanted to test just how far overclockers were able to take the performance of their processor. Using any GIGABYTE P55/H55 motherboard, overclockers from all over the world submitted to HWBOT some truly impressive results on Super Pi and WPrime, as both benchmarks highly stress the processor and are good indicators for showing system stability in extreme overclocking.
The top 3 winners for the Pentium G6950 OC contest are: 1st place: over@locker886 from Hungary scoring 40 points and leading the competition with his amazing 5.85GHz overclocked Pentium G9650. For winning the top spot, over@locker886 gets a brand new GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard and an Intel® Core i7 930 processor. 2nd place: Moonman from Slovenia using a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard and 3rd place: TK-OC from Taiwan using a GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3P. There was tough competition between 2nd and 3rd places with a narrow score difference of a mere 5 points.
The Top 3 winners' scores starting from left to right
For more details of the Pentium G6950 OC Challenge please visit the HWBOT.org website at:
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Researchers: Android factory reset doesn't fully wipe data
- A configuration tool for The Witcher 3 released, allows better visuals
- Google's updated Photos app will provide more creative control
- US struggling to counter Islamic State's clever social media strategy
- Fridge filled with Jurassic Park games for the SNES on eBay for $1500
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Unfriended (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications