MSI IAP Introduces IM-945GSE as Ultra Low Power Platform Utilizing the Intel® Atom Processor N270
September. 25, 2008 -- Micro-Star International (MSI) is the top 3 motherboard maker with 20-year solid experience who has built motherboard with high quality and solid stability with a winning reputation from worldwide media and customers for year. Based on the successful experience, MSI began its industrial computing business with four product lines of POS, networking, industrial computer and multimedia application.
MSI IPC combines various state of the art technologies and receives recommendations in different fields. Now MSI aggressively designs more fitting product for system solution providers, and MSI IPC have now become the most reliable platform provider.
The demand for an ultra-low power platform with fan-less design is strongly inquired from customers. MSI debuts the IM-945GSE based on the Intel® AtomTM processor N270 and the Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express chipset to provide the latest ultra-low power and mini-ITX form factor platform into solid embedded applications. MSI enhanced I/O connectivity covers dual Intel® GbE LAN, 6 RS-232 ports, DVI and VGA interface for dual displays. IM-945GSE can support various scenarios like digital signage, POS, KIOSK and automation with affordable expenditure. MSI IM-945GSE eliminates risk of fan's failure by wide heatsink as fanless solution.
The Intel AtomM processor N270 on the IM-945GSE offers robust performance-per-watt. The N270 is based on Intel® 45nm process technology and generates 2.5W TDP power and 0.6W average power consumption. The N270's latest SSE3 instruction sets enhance performance for multimedia and gaming application.
The chipset is a combination of the Intel® 82945GSE Graphics Memory Controller Hub and the Intel® I/O Controller Hub 7-M (ICH7-M), which provides great I/O capability including 2GB memory capacity, 6 USB ports and SATA2 interface. The MSI IM-945GSE revolutionizing the traditional definition of a low power and cost-effective segment.
The chipset features the Intel® GMA950 (Graphics Media Accelerator) with full support for DirectX 9c and OpenGL 1.4. The MSI IM-945GSE also supports Gigabit Ethernet by two Intel® 82574L controllers which come with high performance, low power and small footprint.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- Thecus adds 8TB Seagate HDD support to their NAS range
- Sony expected to drop the PS4 price down to $350 for the holidays
- New Star Wars Battlefront footage arrives with Luke vs Darth Vader
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs