Transcend Introduces 64GB High-Speed SLC 2.5" SSD
Taipei, June 24, 2008 - Transcend Information Inc. (Transcend), one of the world's leading manufacturers of memory products, is proud to release its all-new 64GB high speed SLC 2.5-inch Solid State Disk (SSD). Unlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs are made of reliable NAND flash memory that contains no moving parts, and therefore are not susceptible to mechanical failure resulting from vibration, shock or heat. Aside from the inherent durability benefits of solid-state technology, the extremely low power consumption and ultra-fast data transfer speeds offered by Transcend's SSD make it ideal for consumer electronics as well as industrial systems and military applications.
Transcend's 2.5" SSD can be used in most notebook computers and mainstream PCs just like a regular hard drive. When it comes to performance, Transcend's new SLC flash memory-equipped 64GB SSD offers data transfer rates that greatly surpass even the fastest 2.5" hard drives, delivering data read / write speeds of up to 119MB and 64MB per second, respectively. With these high-speed transfer rates and virtually non-existent (less than 0.1ms) latency, Transcend's SSD accelerates computer boot-up times, makes games and applications open faster and run more smoothly, and improves overall system responsiveness.
In addition, Transcend's Solid State Disk's integrated ECC (Error Correction Code) ensures highly reliable data transfer and increases system integrity. Its built-in wear leveling technology also guarantees ultra-long storage lifespan and data-retention durability for prolonged use. With no moving parts, SSDs run cool, generate no noise, and require very little power for operation. Transcend's 2.5" Solid State Disks are available in capacities ranging from 64GB to 8GB in both SATA and IDE versions, and are backed by a two-year warranty. Transcend is preparing to release even higher capacity and greater speed Solid State Disks in the near future.
*Please refer to the following link for detailed product specifications:
Latest News Posts
- Toshiba announce 48-layer 128Gbit 3D NAND, samples begin shipping
- Amazon offers unlimited storage for $60 per year with Cloud Drive
- LG's G Watch Urbane with LTE will cost around $590, launches very soon
- Latest update to GTA V on Xbox One and PS4 gimps visuals
- Netflix 'Inspector Gadget' cartoon reboot gets a trailer
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Sentey Lumenata Pro Gamer Series Mouse Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi