Introducing ThecusĀ® D0204 Portable Storage Device
Big storage in a small package featuring USB 3.0 connectivity
06/30/2010 - The age of USB 3.0 is almost here. Today, storage leader ThecusĀ® Technology is proud to announce its first portable storage device featuring the new USB 3.0 standard - the D0204. With massive storage capacity in a tiny package no larger than a paperback book, the D0204 delivers impressive data security and performance with an integrated USB 3.0 port, making it the most powerful and versatile portable DAS on the market.
The D0204 is a small and compact direct attached storage (DAS) device. Wrapped in a housing measuring a mere 86mm x 55.3mm x 132mm, the D0204 may appear to be a mere portable hard disk at first glance, but peering inside this tiny form factor reveals a powerful storage unit.
Headlining is its integrated USB 3.0 port at the back of the unit, which grants the D0204 data transfer speeds of up to 5Gb/s - ten times the speed of USB 2.0. With USB 3.0 built-in, users can transfer files to and from the device at unprecedented speeds with a USB 3.0-enabled computer. Of course, the D0204 is fully backward-compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 standards, which means you can use it with virtually any USB-equipped device.
Users can install up to two SATA hard disks using the D0204's two 2.5" SATA bays, which means a total storage capacity of up to 2 terabytes! The D0204 even accepts the latest solid state drives (SSDs), offering users impressive data performance with no moving parts that could break or malfunction. Users can even swap hard disks while the device is running thanks to the D0204's hot-swappable drive bays.
Of course, the ThecusĀ® D0204 is a complete storage solution that's also easy to use. To manage all of this storage, users can choose between RAID 0, 1, and Large to further enhance data security or performance. All of the D0204's features can be administrated through its intuitive Windows Utility. With this utility, D0204 users can both set up and manage their D0204, making this powerful storage device also one of the friendliest around.
"With full USB 3.0 compatibility, the new D0204 brings incredible performance and data protection to a remarkably tiny and easy-to-use device," said Florence Shih, ThecusĀ® Technology General Manager. "Offering impressive storage capacity in a small size, the D0204 is the ideal storage device for the user on the go."
*Users can choose standalone drive or Deluxe Version for complete solution with USB 3.0 HBA.
ThecusĀ® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) , DAS, External Storage and Wireless Media NAS (Bank ) products. The company was established in 2004 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and Linux software and with a keen customer focus, ThecusĀ® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage Server needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni