Introducing Thecus® D0204 Portable Storage Device
Big storage in a small package featuring USB 3.0 connectivity
06/30/2010 - The age of USB 3.0 is almost here. Today, storage leader Thecus® Technology is proud to announce its first portable storage device featuring the new USB 3.0 standard - the D0204. With massive storage capacity in a tiny package no larger than a paperback book, the D0204 delivers impressive data security and performance with an integrated USB 3.0 port, making it the most powerful and versatile portable DAS on the market.
The D0204 is a small and compact direct attached storage (DAS) device. Wrapped in a housing measuring a mere 86mm x 55.3mm x 132mm, the D0204 may appear to be a mere portable hard disk at first glance, but peering inside this tiny form factor reveals a powerful storage unit.
Headlining is its integrated USB 3.0 port at the back of the unit, which grants the D0204 data transfer speeds of up to 5Gb/s - ten times the speed of USB 2.0. With USB 3.0 built-in, users can transfer files to and from the device at unprecedented speeds with a USB 3.0-enabled computer. Of course, the D0204 is fully backward-compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 standards, which means you can use it with virtually any USB-equipped device.
Users can install up to two SATA hard disks using the D0204's two 2.5" SATA bays, which means a total storage capacity of up to 2 terabytes! The D0204 even accepts the latest solid state drives (SSDs), offering users impressive data performance with no moving parts that could break or malfunction. Users can even swap hard disks while the device is running thanks to the D0204's hot-swappable drive bays.
Of course, the Thecus® D0204 is a complete storage solution that's also easy to use. To manage all of this storage, users can choose between RAID 0, 1, and Large to further enhance data security or performance. All of the D0204's features can be administrated through its intuitive Windows Utility. With this utility, D0204 users can both set up and manage their D0204, making this powerful storage device also one of the friendliest around.
"With full USB 3.0 compatibility, the new D0204 brings incredible performance and data protection to a remarkably tiny and easy-to-use device," said Florence Shih, Thecus® Technology General Manager. "Offering impressive storage capacity in a small size, the D0204 is the ideal storage device for the user on the go."
*Users can choose standalone drive or Deluxe Version for complete solution with USB 3.0 HBA.
Thecus® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) , DAS, External Storage and Wireless Media NAS (Bank ) products. The company was established in 2004 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and Linux software and with a keen customer focus, Thecus® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage Server needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader